Wanted......Brooks honey leather tape?

stedlocks

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just thought I'd ask here first if anyone has any Brooks (or otherwise) honey coloured leather bar tape that they aren't going to use?

I have a project in need and have to sort some out soon....... ;)

You mean you hope someone's bought some at whatever vastly inflated price Brooks are charging for it nowadays (£45 last time I looked), then somehow hasn't used it? :LOL:

Charge and Fizik do imitations that are priced in the real world.

Yeah, something like that!
I can get it for £32 delivered, I don't like the charge stuff and am seriously considering the fizik :0)

I want it 'right' as it's going on my hetchins....

Just bought some at the 'vastly inflated price' :( and it's made in China :evil: Not quite sure how that fits with'BrooksEngland' but i'm going to sell my soul and use it anyway as it looks luuuurvely :D Perhaps it's cheaper to go halfs on a cow? Are you in? Karl

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
tape

Hi.
By what I can gather if you are going to use this stuff then you need to ware mitts/gloves. Have a look at a honey saddle after a hot ride. To try and be polite the steam from your shorts will have turned it darker. After a few rides you will notice the saddle getting a permenant deeper shade. This will happen to your tape except that it will only happen in the areas that you use. I saw a photo a couple of years back of leather tape that had gone almost black around the hoods and the bar tops. Dont know if it was brooks or not but it was not a pretty site It will probably depend on how much your hands sweat and the acidity of your skin . I was seriously considering leather tape for the best bike untill then but I ended up with fizik tan. Whilst it is perforated and looks excellent its not perhaps as plush as real leather and you may need cushioning underneath It does however appear to stay the same colour regardless.Would not fancy the cost of changing leather on a regular basis

Regards
Peter

Thanks for taking the time out to reply...... I am still consideringthe fizik, but as it's for the hetchins, which I ride only in sunshine and with gloves, it needs to look right..... I'm too busy at the minute to fit any anyway!!!

Back