Koga Miyata Superwinner Alloy bike less wheels

stedlocks

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I bought this recently in the mistake that it was steel.....it wasn't, so its up for grabs......that and I need to make some room as the mancave doth overflow at the moment!

Its is 60cms set tube and 57 top tube

It also comes with an almost complete Sante groupset which was apparently between Ultegra and Dura ace.......I'm not sure about this tho!

The only thing not Sante is the rear mech which is a nice Shimano 600 tricolour .......

The bars are Cinelli Criterium in 65-42 and the stem is Shimano 600 with a Koga sticker on........The saddle is a San Marco Rolls with a bit of discolouration to the rear copper bit (it must be copper, its going green!!) but the badge on the side says 'Koga Miyata' instead of Rolls......nice touch!

The headset is very stiff and might be U.S. but with a strip down and regrease it might be ok.....

Some of the laquer has lifted in places causing a sort of white crust to form which I think should clean off ok......the lugs also have some corrosion.....these will clean up well I think.

If you wanted a perfect Koga you will need to restore it, but if you are looking for a nice quality bike to ride daily (really light!!), then a good days cleaning and a set of wheels and you would be good to go........the brakes are the wrong way round tho, but the tape is too nice to change!

I'm thinking £150 collected or £175 delivered based on the prices of the parts

33lnqr4.jpg

2ibkaoh.jpg

mbqvev.jpg

The same frame concept was also available with carbon and ti tubing. Even lighter, but I think in the end this will live longest as it is entirely out one material (al). They were pricey frames back in the day. Somewhere in 1500-2000 guilder range. More expensive than a Vitus, but imo it is also a bit more refined than the Vitus.

On the corrossion: Of course one will be able to clean in it away, but for being able doing so one 1st have to remove the clear. That is most work I would think. Clear on top polished frames is convenient as you never have to polish it up to hish gloss, but on the other hand if corrossion grabs its chance you will see yourself confrontated with another challange.

Someone looking for a nice project for this winter should be able to make a nice bike out of it. Today I bought an ex team Tulip computers Koga from my lbs. Same era. Should keep me busy.

Thanks for the kind words..... It is a lovely frame with good components and very light!!
I. Will make a lovely bike for someone :0)

If it was steel I would have kept I myself!

I don't really want to split right now, they are sante... Everything bar the rear mech is...... If i was ti split, it would be the groupset together, then the frame, then the bars and stem..... It would be a shame to split as it only needs wheels to ride as is!

Price drop
£125 collected, £150 delivered or offers!!

This has to go as I won't ride it...... Make an offer!

That's got real potential, can you confirm the seat tube size please? It looks smaller that a 60cm c-t to me. Thanks!

:D

It is, what it is!!

yep, 60cm.......but it looks lovely and compact.....

I really can't believe this is still here.....yes, it will need a bit of work, but you will get that back in spades!!

If you like Aluminium frames, which I don't, you will have an absolutely cracking ride with the addition of a set of wheels.......which most people probably already have knocking about..........Its a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned....... ;)

By the way, the crank looks dirty, but thats all it is.....it will clean off no problem

Back