FS: two old bikes

wissy

Dirt Disciple
I think these pass for retros... (just come across your site to posting here in addition to couple other bike forums)

Bikes location: Anglesey

anyhow - photos.....

1. Peugeot Triathlon - measured frame from centre of pedal connector to top of frame holding handlebars (! told you!) The / thing. That was 21.5"

I bought this over 20 yrs ago when I was a student and kept it ever since in my parents' shed and for last 13 yrs in my shed. I have original seat and think the only thing changed are tyres - they are cracked an must be over 10 yrs old... everything else should be as when I bought the bike although more tatty and used...

anyhow - photos.....

IMAG0122.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

IMAG0123.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg

IMAG0126.jpg

2. Dawes Milk Racer

The tyres have been changed as my other half was riding this when his broke down... I think the bike is as original as I cannot remember adding / changing anything.

Been in shed for last 10 yrs or so.... Frame measured from centre of pedal connector thing to top of pipe thing is 21"

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

Both look thoroughly interesting, if only I hadn't driven home from Anglesey this morning :LOL:

Free bump!

Hi

Thanks - I would actually sell each for £100 but perhaps they're not worth that - perhaps they are worth only £20, I simply do not know and that is the problem I have. I don't want to give them away - done things like that in the past on freecycle and they've been for sale on ebay!! In the past I've always said I'd rather keep them in the shed 'in case' rather than sell them for a give-away prize. My Triathlon is special because of memories I guess...

Price = more than nothing and less than too much??? :)

Would like each bike to go to an enthusiast obviously but will sell for 100 pounds each. I think that's fair price nowadays as 100 pounds doesn;t go far whilst a bike can... (sorry)

djoptix":2ndnrzkx said:
Both look thoroughly interesting, if only I hadn't driven home from Anglesey this morning :LOL:

Free bump!

they'll probably still be in my shed for next time you're about sunny Anglesey! :)

just sent two PMs back - sorry for delay.

These bikes still for sale. Sorry but I cannot sell the bits but only whole bike. Thanks

Thanks again for the additional PMs from people.

Just to reiterate that I'm afraid I just ahve not got the time to arrange packaging / delivery so these are for local pick up only - which I appreciate restricts basically everybody. Have also put on ebay - thought I'd mention to be polite.

I'll be asking advice soon on my dad's old racer which is from 70's or earlier and has campognigle thingie parts.... with intention of getting back on the road and keeping it for his memory (he loved the bike but hadn;t ridden it for decade of more).

thanks

Back