FS Unique Ribble Road Frame for Sale **S**O**L**D**

neebsta

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ribble Road frame 58cm Reynolds 631 bought very recently from eBay. Great condition bar a couple of stone chips on the frame.

For sale as I want to take up road biking but rather than build from scratch, I am going to buy a complete bike. Plus the Mrs went ballistic...adding to my 4 mountain bikes I have currently hanging in the garage!

A unique tobacco brown paint job from Argos.

Custom made straight blade forks made from Reynolds 531 by Argos (not the catalogue shop)

Frame is Reynolds 631.

Includes a Chris King 1" headset and a shim
for 1 1/8th stem and an ultegra front mech.

£115 collected £135 couriered

Attachments

• ribble2.JPG
    ribble2.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,953
Hmmm, must be the photo angle but that looks bigger than a 58cm.
What are the overall measurements? Seatube, toptube...

Ribble 58cm road frame in 631 Reynolds heat treated steel with a 531 straight bladed fork which was made by Argos, includes a Chris King Aheadset and Shimano Ultegra front mech.

The frame measurments are 57.5cm top tube (c-c), 60cm seat tube (c-t) and a 19.5cm head tube. The frame has a 1 inch head tube and the steerer of the fork measures 27.5cm. I am including the black Chris King headset as shown in the photos, plus some spacers and a stem shim so you can use a 1 1/8 inch diameter stem if you require.

The frame and fork both have mudguard eyelets, you can run 25mm tyres with guards but not any bigger due to clearance.

The frame was made by Ribble and is about eight years old, I had it resprayed about three years ago by Argos in Tobacoo metallic brown. At that time I had the straight forks made to go with the frame.

It rides very well with stable handling and is comfortable for long distance type riding. I used it mainly for Audax type riding.

There are a few chips in the paint which I have tried to show in the photos.

There must surely be some interest in this frame? It really is terrific quality. £115 collected £135 posted gets you a Reynolds 631 frame custom 531 straight forks, a unique Argos paint job a king head set and an Ultegra front mech!! That's fantastic value surely?

Hi Neebsta

I am very tempted, perfect size, good tubeset.

The thing that puts me off is the colour :/

What does it look like in the sun? any chance of an extra pic or two

Regards

Pirate

pirate":22g1enzn said:
Hi Neebsta

I am very tempted, perfect size, good tubeset.

The thing that puts me off is the colour :/

What does it look like in the sun? any chance of an extra pic or two

Regards

Pirate

Brown? the most retro colour of all? :eek:

its the shizzle

It really is an outstanding colour, the colour was the main reason I leapt in with both feet to buy. Plus a king headset, which alone costs £60?+ if I knew enough about road bikes, and didn't get ear ache off the missus I'd build it up without a doubt. I'll take some more pics tomorrow, it does look good though.

I'll delay putting it back on eBay then!

More Pics

More Pics

Attachments

• ribble 005.jpg
    ribble 005.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,465
  • ribble 003.jpg
    ribble 003.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,465
  • ribble 002.jpg
    ribble 002.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,465