WANTED - Shimano Type-A downtube shifters

wired99

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi guys
Anyone got some Shimano downtube shifters (braze-on) Type-A (pre '83) that fit the round bosses? It's for my Koga '79 build.
Lemme know
Ta

A 'come on guys SOMEONE must have some of these before I have to give up on my Koga build project, boo hoo' BUMP :LOL:

Ah Tel, I am and I ain't :)
I just need the shifters really as I have NR set waiting to go (I know, I know but Shimano shifters its' gonna have to be) so another groupset ain't what I need. Besides I'm skint :?
although I see these shifters are proving a pain to get so what do I do?

Hmm...well I'd split the gearset leaving me with just the brakes, I don't really want to sell just the levers on their own though...

I'm interested in this matter. I have a Merckx frame with Campag style braze ons, but want to kit it out with an Arabeque guppo. I've bought on ebay the only pari of 'braze-on Arabesque levers' I've ever seen braze-on but I expect to just get levers and retaining screws taken straight from a regular band-on set. We'll see

What are my options here? Which older-style Shimano gear levers were available for Campag-style braze-on mounts in all?

Thanks for all info!

Gareth.

Here is a pic (bad one, sorry!) of what I need...
You will see the brazo-on is keyhole shapes and will not accept Square backplates....

Tel has 'em, but rightly wants to shift the gearset as a whole.

Anyone?

001-6.jpg

Back