WTD. 700c alloy wheelset - 6/7 speed

djoptix

Senior Retro Guru
Looking for the above to finish a build - I don't need tyres, but will be needing a cassette. Ideally 6 or 7 speed but I would even take 5. I'm happy to service hubs - the important thing is they need to be cheap and alloy-rimmed.

Cheers! :)

do you mean freewheel not cassette? index or no? why not come see my wheels / remove your freewheel and discuss?

Indeed I will, and sorry I didn't reply to your PM - I'm disorganised! I couldn't pop round today as Mrs Optix had the car. I'm free the rest of the week though...?

Insofar as I'd thought about it, I think the Cosmoses are 8 speed, yes...? And I have a max-7-speed shifter and mech combo for this bike...

djoptix":2hghr51e said:
Indeed I will, and sorry I didn't reply to your PM - I'm disorganised! I couldn't pop round today as Mrs Optix had the car. I'm free the rest of the week though...?

Insofar as I'd thought about it, I think the Cosmoses are 8 speed, yes...? And I have a max-7-speed shifter and mech combo for this bike...

no problem, just stick a little single speed spacer betwixt cassette & hub - I've done this many times... I have these spacers in abundance! I have another gorgeous wheelset for sale now too - 105 hubs on black Vuelta deep rims ;)

how does thursday grab you?

Ka-bump - having spent a pleasant hour or so at Dead Rats Towers, the wheels he has for sale are just a bit too nice for this build to be honest. Still looking! Have decided I'd prefer 6 speed if they were available, but I'm flexible...

Hi,
If it's nothing particularly high spec you're looking for I have a set of Rigida wheels. They have anonymous hubs with seven speed screw on freewheel (13 - 24 I think) and non stainless steel spokes. They're in pretty good order with the rims showing very little sign of use. They are shod with Continental Sport tyres. £42 inc postage. Can supply photos
Cheers,
Bruno

Back