FS: Vitus 979 Frame&Fork NOW £0!! or swap WHY?

Easy_Rider

Retrobike Rider
OWMTBC Champ
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Vitus 979 Dural

UPDATE: Handlebars are off, but unfortunately I damaged the forks trying to free the stem :cry:

I've decided against having two road projects so this one is getting the cull.

I've tried to picture the worst scratching, mainly the driveside chainstay. The BB needs repacking at best or new bearing, it turns but very rough. The headset top nuts have been mangled by someone, (not me!) and bearings are notchy. Seatpost grub screw is stuck and rounded, the seatpost is likely to be stuck also although I cannot tell because of the grub screw. The stem is stuck but I havn't given it two much force and haven't had a proper atempt.
Most of he marks should polish out and it look stunning in white.

Dropouts stamped 52/54... frame measures 54 so these dropouts must be common to the two sizes.

Centre BB to Centre TT --->53cm (20" 7/8 )
Centre BB to Top of TT --->54cm (21" 1/4)
Centre BB to seat rail on seat post --->69cm (27" 3/16)

Any other questions then feel free to ask!

Now £0 or Swap for shiny MTB bits WHY
Collection only from Chester (near M56/M53) please.

SNC13884.JPG

SNC13886.JPG

SNC13887.JPG

SNC13888.JPG

SNC13889.JPG

SNC13890.JPG

SNC13891.JPG

SNC13892.JPG

SNC13894.JPG

SNC13895.JPG

SNC13896.JPG

SNC13897.JPG

SNC13898.JPG

SNC13899.JPG

SNC13900.JPG

SNC13901.JPG

if you decide to post or fancy a swap for some bits , let me know .

or if you going to the OWC in north wales I d be happy to make you an offer .

Spent an hour boxing a frame yesterday so I don't feel like boxing another, plus the bars will be awkward. I am going to OWC, if it's a project you really want to get your hands on then I could hold on to it for you.

if you are coming to australia then you have a sale! :D very nice frame, i have always wanted one of those.

Very nice.
Excuse my ignorance, but are seat post grubs screws common place on road bikes? Dont they mash the seat tube?

Also, it visually appear large for a 54cm frame, Im 6.1" , 31" inside leg - so long torso/stumpy legs, so am wondering if this could fit?

I prefer larger/longer frames due to my long torso - and have been considering 56 or 58cm frames as a result, but as this looks larger...im wondering if I could get away with it...

Collection only kind of limits your purchasers. Would you post if I arranged / paid for a courier ?

austy37":1dkmkc29 said:
if you are coming to australia then you have a sale! :D very nice frame, i have always wanted one of those.

Would love to come! I actually know someone who is moving back to Brisbane next week with his family, but it would be unfair to ask him to pack a cycle frame in his suitcase :p

KeepItSteel":1dkmkc29 said:
Very nice.
Excuse my ignorance, but are seat post grubs screws common place on road bikes? Dont they mash the seat tube?

Also, it visually appear large for a 54cm frame, Im 6.1" , 31" inside leg - so long torso/stumpy legs, so am wondering if this could fit?

I prefer larger/longer frames due to my long torso - and have been considering 56 or 58cm frames as a result, but as this looks larger...im wondering if I could get away with it...

I think it a feature to keep a clean line on the lugs and maybe because it's a bonded frame?
I'm 6ft with a 32/33 inside leg and it just about fits me, but it really does depend on rider preference, i've always favoured smaller frames.

ke35":1dkmkc29 said:
Collection only kind of limits your purchasers. Would you post if I arranged / paid for a courier ?

The actual action of posting is not the problem, its the packing that takes ages. I like to pack frames well, with braces for the chainstays etc but a) I haven't the time and b) I can't be bothered :LOL:
I know it's annoying when you are the buyer, i get frustrated too on the other side.

Besides, pretty sure cchris2lou still want this, he's not said anything to the contrary so it is in effect sold pp.

as I said I d be happy to have it if still available in september

but would understand if you want a quicker sale .

Back