WTD: Campag Pista, Driveside crankarm 165mm, maybe crankset

Cheesedisease

Senior Retro Guru
Looking for a 165mm 144BCD Campagnolo Record Pista, Driveside crankarm, fluted.

To replace my one on this....
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=103219&highlight=
...It's looking like it's starting to get tiny cracks where the spider meets the crankarm. When should one start to worry about this???

In an ideal world one with a 1 in a circle (1981?) on the reverse! - This would be a match, but that's really not overly important.

Or if not, a full Pista crankset 165mm or 170mm, 144 or 151 BCD. if anyone wants to part with one.

Thanks.

Dan

Yeah, I literally just sold one that I polished about 10 days ago. I was inspecting it when packing it and thought to check my own over. And... crack. Super tiny, but I guess not good?

Not to mention, I had the chance to buy a driveside spare a few weeks ago, but passed it up!

I really can't complain, as the one I sold was a great deal.

So, anyway, I'm looking for a driveside mate!

Huh, Daft? In what way? I did sell it for £450.
Originally I had a non-paying buyer kill the auction with a ridiculous £620 bid... but that's another story.

Anyway, my own one does have a crack. But as I sold the other I had for £450, I wasn't exactly going to keep it at that price. Would you!? It's crazy money.

Your wants on here and other forums. All for your own personal use is it?

Geez... I buy some stuff, I use it. I buy some stuff I refurbish it and use it. I buy some stuff I refurbish it, and and chose to sell it. I enjoy messing with bike parts.

I'm not exactly trying to hide anything - I've got the same user name on anywhere I'm I member. I'm not trying to be devious or do anything wrong. I'm sorry if you think I am.

I'm in two minds about whether to write much in reply here, as it feels like somehow trying to justify myself.

But I've had a good start on here, I find it enjoyable and the people helpful. I've got a few great things and pretty much my primary intentions are for my own personal projects - A great Campy sport crank that I can't wait to use as I was looking for it for ages. A complete Mafac brakeset. I got a few 1A stems and bars on here as a lot, I obviously wasn't going to use them all. I polished them, ended up using the set i liked the size of best on my bike and sold on the others. I've always tried to be courteous and patient when buying stuff and not mess anyone around in terms of payment. I could try to take more part in the rest of the forums, maybe that would be better, as I've only dipped my toe putting up the bike I built for my wife.

But if you want to jump in and make passive aggressive semi cryptic yet deliberately transparent accusations go ahead. I'm not some exploitive entpreneur. (I'm actually a Librarian!) Right now if someone could magic a Pista driveside crank, I could feel a bit safer on my bike. If you want to jump in on me, that's fine.

But seriously though, apologies if I've annoyed you. If there's something you'd like me to do differently here just talk to me about it.

Hi,

I've got a Campagnolo track 144 165mm chainset:

right hand crank; special price £500
left hand crank £500
genuine Campagnolo track chainring bolts £100
genuine Campagnolo track 47 ring, it's 3/32 so a reasonable £200

Very good condition, no cracks.

campagnolotrackchainset.jpg

That's funny. I get why you're giving me grief, but you're actually a bit off course with it. Also, instead of making jokes and inferrals, it would be preferable if you just talked to me and said what you think I'm up to...

I'm not trying to find a crank here to then sell. And if someone had one, I'd pay them a fair price for it. The one I sold on ebay, I bought on ebay and polished it and sold it there. And the price was crazy. If I've annoyed you, I apologise. I'll carry on looking on ebay for a new one instead. I just thought I might find a driveside arm on a forum as I clearly know how much a full replacement set is going to cost. There was a driveside one here a couple of weeks ago and I passed on it as I didn't think I needed it, and it was a lot to pay to just have a spare.

Anyway, I'll pass on your £500 for the set.

Back