Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:21 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:50 pm 
Old School Hero

As you all know Unless you're willing to pay £££ kids bikes nowadays are build to last 6 months and then be thrown in landfill.

This bike has already lasted over 40 years and it still runs perfectly and looks amazing.

I bought it off a man who learned to ride on it in France in the 60s, it had been in storage ever since. He said it was a bit special back then... I've serviced it, replaced the cables, greased everything up and it's now available for sale.

It's a 15" frame with 20" wheels and is most suitable for someone between 7 and 9 years but it obviously depends on height and leg length and so on.

As far as I know everything is original except the brake cables.

Everything works as it should.

The paint is lug lined and looks like it's from the 60s (because it is) but it's sound and the frame's not rusty. The chrome parts (rack and handlebars) are also quite pitted but still look fine.

Check out the routing of the brake cables in the handlebars!!

Please only buy it if you can store it out of the rain, I'd hate to think of it rusting in someone's garden after all these years.

Frame fitting pump included.

Perfect first (or second) bike!!!

There's an disk of metal above the stem engraved with what I assume is the name and address of the bike builder (see pic).

Any questions, please ask.

£50 + post or collect from Brighton.

maker-wee.jpg [ 193.21 KiB | Viewed 535 times ]
gumtree3-wee.jpg [ 182.04 KiB | Viewed 535 times ]
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:12 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Lovely bike and history, I would buy it in a heartbeat if my lads mother did not insist in every bleeding thing having to triple wrapped in cotton wool :roll: