Beautiful 57cm Griffin complete bike - just £275!

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have this very pretty custom built 531 Griffin for sale.

It is 57cm ct x 53.5cm cc. Please note the short top tube.

The frame has been renovated and resprayed this lovely pale green colour. There is a very minor dent at the bottom of the downtube and the chainstay dimples for chainring clearance looks like it was made after the bike had been built (if that makes sense). Theres a few minor marks on it but all in all it just looks great!

I've built it up using decent spares I had kicking about. Only the brakes let it down although work adequately and do look the part.

All the components are in good condition although the front mech is not perfect. It all fits together nicely, has a beautiful classic look and works fine.

There's a new white saddle and matching white tape. The red cables are also new and compliment the red lug lining and writing perfectly.

Any questions please ask. It's such a shame for this to just be sitting in my garage unbuilt so I'm pricing this to sell so someone can put it some good use!

£275 posted or collect from Kent ME12

Full spec:
Frame: 531 Griffin
Fork: 531, integral aero crown

Headset: Edco
Stem: 3T
Handlebar: 3T Mod Competizione
Bar Tape: White ITM

Brake Levers: Polygon
Brake Calipers: Modolo Sporting

Front Derailleur: Campagnolo Victory (probably)
Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo Nouvo Record
Freewheel: 6 speed Sachs
Cranks: Stronglight 106 (odd caps Ofmega and Sakae alloy)
Chainrings: Stronglight 44, 53
Bottom Bracket: Stronglight axle Shimano cups
Pedals: Not included

Rims: Mavic MA2
Hubs: Campagnolo Nuovo record
Tyres: Vittoria Ricorso
Saddle: NOS unamed white
Seatpost: Old style Campagnolo Record

The pictures really do not do this bike justice:
griffin017.jpg

griffin019.jpg

griffin020.jpg

griffin033.jpg

griffin029.jpg

griffin025.jpg

griffin028.jpg

More pictures here: http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55 ... fin/Built/

Just the frame: http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55/Telsun/Griffin/

I will have a look and see what I could part with.
The missus would say take your pick of my bikes but I can't let any of 'em go :( I might have a couple of frames though...

Frame for a frame will be ok if you prefer. I'm negotiable on the extent of the build and price etc.

Something worth noting is that the brake fittings are actually for modern recessed brakes but I didn't have any that looked right so fitted the bolted ones.

I have a groupset that I'm looking for a suitable frame but I need specific braze ons regarding the cable routing. The rear gear needs to be routed above the bottom bracket, have braze on gear levers and shallow brake drop. Nice paint is also a must. Got anything that fits that description?

Tel":1nsfm855 said:
Frame for a frame will be ok if you prefer. I'm negotiable on the extent of the build and price etc.

Something worth noting is that the brake fittings are actually for modern recessed brakes but I didn't have any that looked right so fitted the bolted ones.

I have a groupset that I'm looking for a suitable frame but I need specific braze ons regarding the cable routing. The rear gear needs to be routed above the bottom bracket, have braze on gear levers and shallow brake drop. Nice paint is also a must. Got anything that fits that description?

Hmmm. Don't think I have. I've got a nice Koga Gents Luxe frame I was gonna build with DA EX but money has run out! I'd take the whole bike if the wife wasn't threatening leaving me if I bought another bike home. :cry:

How tall is she? This would suit a woman perfectly :D

Ok I can't believe it has come to this but it'll be riding the Ebay mile tomorrow evening :cry:

On Ebay as BIN or make an offer but still no joy! Don't believe it does no one want this bike? I'll consider offers and am willing to split....

griffin

Tel
Would you be interested in a Harry quinn frame/forks as a swap
Tenby built
Cipo

Back