WTD: Retro Hope Hubs

retro_hope

Dirt Disciple
I am planing on building some retro tubular wheels with old style hope hubs NOS if possible

I found a front on eBay the other day but missed the auction end.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 500wt_1154
I would like a something similar to this with the coloured flanges. Fat or Skinny.

Not sure about rear probs Hope, any suggestions.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have a blue flanged/ti middle 32 hole front fatso hub in good condition with fairly new bearings in that you can have for £25 posted. If it's of interest I'll take a pic.

Rich

I've got a matching pair of red-flanged, titanium-centered Hopes surplus to requirements... the rear is part of a built up Mavic CPX wheel. I also have a set of new red Hope Mono hubs, the rear is still boxed.

wynne:
That sounds like it could be quite good could you post a picture so i could have a look. Cheers.

i-am-iron-man:
Would be interested dependant on price in red-flanged, titanium-centred hubs, what sort of price were you thinking, also is the front a skinny or Fat. whats the hole count?

Both hubs are 32H and the front is the middle-sized "suspension" version. It's no different to any modern road hub in size and would look fine on a road wheel.

I'd need to unlace the rear as it's currently built-up. The original front hub is the skinny version, which I still have built into a matching front, but it has cracked.

The front hub is right next to me and doesn't look like it has seen much action at all.

£55 posted for both hubs? I'll get some pictures if you're interested.

Alistair

Cheers for the pictures.

the problem i've got is that i have a 36hole gp4 rim to build on for the rear so this hub wouldn't do, i also ideally wanted the lightweight version of the front hub if i could get one.

If i could get hold of some 32hole rims then i'd probably have the rear off you.

I'll post back if my situation changes. Cheers

Back