WTD: 25.8mm Seat Post

Chapeau! Velo

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi, If anyone has a 25.8mm seatpost in their 'spares locker' and want to sell, I'd be grateful to hear from you. Ideally I'm after a black one but I will consider almost anything. Thanks. :D

Dan,

I personally do have good experiences with Dipl Ing Heydenreich, or 'Heylight'. He built me a great post for my Yo-Eddy. He can also build a 25.8mm one for you. It is maybe not the cheapest solution, but they are really nice engineered posts. Another positive is that they are period correct with early 90s bikes, as the post was already around back than.

http://www.heylight.de/produkte/sattelstuetzen.htm

Alternatively: BBB has their SkyScraper which is available in almost all diameters. Not so costly and a quite decent post. Only put a Retrobike sticker over the BBB decal ;)

I am not familiar with new post, so these are the only two new offerings I know of. Back in the day you could also have post in that size from Syncros, Nitto, Kalloy among more, but I do not know whether that still is the case.

Mel, Thank you once again, just unpacked the Koga frame and it is better than I expected (and I was expecting something very special) as the frame is NOS I feel it deserves a new post and some out of the ordinary bike jewellery to adorn it! Thanks for the advice and I hope they speak English as my German is a@$e :LOL:

Latest posts

Back