1984 Batavus Professional frame and fork, 58cm SOLD

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've had this for a few years, project is still unfinished and while it's a lovely looking thing and I'd like to finish and ride it, I'm trying to go N-1 instead of N+1 and this is the first road bike on the list. 1984 Batavus Professional, full Reynolds 531 frame and fork (no Reynolds sticker but these were 531). 58cm - will confirm other measurements asap.

It has a lot of scratches and touch ups, I've cleaned up a lot of them, there is still work to be done and it could look great even in its original paint. Would be a shame to repaint, in my opinion. Chrome has some rust spots but nothing major.

The only real "problem" with it is the shimano A-type gear lever bosses. There are several options for these - I started making some alloy backing plates, for campag levers but with the keyhole shaped hole instead of square. Not finished yet and I probably never will, but this would be the best solution. Or find the original shimano gear levers. Or cut them off and use band on levers :facepalm:

Sale is for frame and fork only, but if there is interest in the parts seen (mainly zeus, with some campag, plus a few other parts I have collected for the project but aren't shown) then they can be negotiated, but only once the frame is sold.

95 GBP posted SOLD for 85 GBP posted

more pics on request (too many for here)

Attachments

• IMG_20200510_202857.jpg
    IMG_20200510_202857.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1,319
Re: 1984 Batavus Professional frame and fork, 58cm

Front and rear mechs plus the bottle cage look interesting :)

Re: 1984 Batavus Professional frame and fork, 58cm

I have one of these lovely frames mines 531p, they made them from Reynolds and Columbus tubing so it could be either.

Back