Vintage Ellis-Briggs Frame for Sale

R_Ellis

Retro Newbie
I have an old Ellis-Briggs 531 frame that I used to use as a road-racing bike circa late 60s/early 70s. It really needs to be returned to its former glory and whilst I've entertained the idea of getting it re-sprayed and re-built for many years; I've now reached the stage where it is better to let someone else with greater enthusiasm for the task have a go.

It is 23" (centre of bottom bracket to top of seat tube) and the serial number is 2126 and I'm sure that Ellis Briggs can provide its provenance from this. There is a little bit of superficial rusting, but it is structurally all very sound and I’m certain that it only requires some shot blasting to take it back to shiny metal. There is still also a Campag Chainset attached.

I really don't know what a realistic price is; but would be willing to part with it for £50. I am based in Crawley (West Sussex). Delivery options can be discussed if/when a prospective buyer is found.

Attachments

• ellis_briggs2.gif
    ellis_briggs2.gif
    378.3 KB · Views: 1,177
  • ellis_briggs1.gif
    ellis_briggs1.gif
    367.9 KB · Views: 1,175
Re:

Early 50s by the frame number - My 1953 frame is #2672 so this must be '51 or '52. An alrounder model mamodel maybe? Very nice and a good price.

Re:

Thanks for all the interest shown, but can confirm that I managed to meet up with Mat (who was first out of the blocks) this morning and therefore it is now SOLD.

Back