52cm Vitus 979 Duralinox Mk.I Black Noir

gvsykes

Dirt Disciple
Selling this frame as I have inherited it from my Grandfather but is far too small for me. Hopefully someone out there will have more use for it than I will.

Please follow this Link for pictures: https://imgur.com/a/bgzTf

Frame Number: E081316 ( 316th frame of the month August 1981)
Size: Head tube is stamped '52' which is the measurement of the seat tube c-c in cm. If you prefer a c-t measurement it's 54cm, and the top tube measures 54cm c-c
Fork: original, new decals
Rear spacing: 122mm – for 'Ultra' narrow 6 speed rear cluster
Brake mounts: Recessed (for allen keys)
Bottom bracket: English 68mm
Shifters mounts: Braze-on downtube
Headset (included): Campagnolo 1” threaded
Seatpost (included): 25.0mm (supplied)
Seatpost Clamp (included): Miche
Freewheel (included): Shimano MF-Z012 Ultra 6 speed (13-21) see image in thread

For a 30+ year old frame the anodizing on the three main frame tubes is in very good condition with only very minor imperfections, and the same goes for the fork blades, seat and chain stays. The polished aluminium lugs and seatstay bridge are in excellent condition with all bonds intact. The frame is very lightweight and is renowned for it's combination of racy geometry with forgiving ride quality.
Cable guide underneath bottom bracket is original to frame.
Decals are newly added but are exact matches to originals on frame.
Seatpost moves freely. Headset quite smooth, a re-grease would improve it. BB threads sound.

Looking for £200 but open to offers. Based in South Manchester or London, whichever more convenient.

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,158
Bump

Also including images of Shimano MF-Z012, ultra 6 speed (13-21) which is now included at no additional cost.

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 593
Back