FS> TCR frame/fork and Rolf wheels

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
so a friend asked me to sell a couple of bits for him after i did a frame swap on his old winter bike to his new winter bike so i have his frame/fork and a set of wheels from one of his other bikes.

first is his old Giant TCR frame, this is an early one, maybe late 90's as i seem to remember selling these when i first got in the trade. it's a medium size which is a 50cm but as it's a compact frame it would suit a rider of 5'9" give or take a couple of inches, i know this as this as that is my height and i rode a medium in these frames.

aesthetically the frame looks in pretty reasonable shape, the threads in the BB are fine, i'm leaving the post and saddle and headset in the frame and it includes the fork which is by profile, not sure it that is original to the frame though. the headset size is 1"Ahead and to be honest this headset needs replacing so if you want the frame with a new headset i can fit it but it would be extra, basic would be £12 and better probably around £25, the steerer does have a 1 1/8 shim to take an ahead stem though.

only downside, not that i think it is a big one is the fact that at somepoint the thread that holds the rear mech hanger in place has gone and someone has rivited the hanger back in place, this has been working fine as Martin has been using this frame for a long time, the hanger wobbles when the wheel is out but when the wheel is in you'd never know so i'd say it was a good bodge fix if that makes sense!

looking for a sensible offer on this price, £100 posted as this will cost approx 15 to 20 to post.

anyway, here are some pics:
IMG_8085 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

the rivited hanger
IMG_8086 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8087 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8088 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8089 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8090 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8091 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8092 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8093 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8094 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8095 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

so here are the Rolf wheels, they vector comps, not sure how much they were back in the day, think they were the second down after the pro versions, these are straight and round, the bearings are smooth and the freehub sounds fine, no QR's though, rim where looks ok as you can see in the pics, i don't think Martin rode these wheels that much, like me he has loads of bikes and he weighs about as much as a horse racing jockey so they've never had a tubby sod like me on them! £100 posted as again these will be 15-20 to post

IMG_8096 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8097 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8098 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8099 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8100 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8101 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

Re:

thought i'd bump this, open to offers on any of this stuff, my buddy just wants it gone! don't be shy and you can be cheeky! :D

Back