fejl1 small.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 521
  • front small.jpg
    front small.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 520
  • rear small.jpg
    rear small.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 521
Sorry - I will not obstruct this ... but I have to write this for you and everybody who intend to buy this wheels eventually
For rev-x every small damage on the spokes is too risky, especially on the rear it's irresponcible. I have a long-term experience with rev-x Spinergy wheelsets from 1998 till today e.g. with a CAAD3 and a C40 but this damage has to be repaired before using. By the way all the accidents with rev-x find within WWW happens with used and mostly damaged wheels.

rev-x in gerneral are a very strong wheels when all spokes fine you can jump and sprint. Before using in road racing this wheels has been used in the 90s at begining of MTB Downhill races in the US and California Bikepolice used them too in 650c - And Spinergy build this wheel to substitute the spoke star eventually if necessary. And in former years I know Spinergy does such a repair in their workshop. But today you should contact a company, who's specialst for carbonfiber repair. I think they can do - but the question will be will they do !?.

This "small damage" can change the pollution totally following by a total burst of the rear wheel and an accident, with terrible bodily injuries ... and after the rider can contiunue with Spinergy wheels eventually, but not at his bicycle ... Spinergy produce today wheels for wheelchairs.

Sorry- but please think about this before ...
Thomas

Re:

price is too high either way but considering theres quite a chunk out of what is effectively one of just eight spokes in the rear wheel, i wont be investing.

Just to let you know, that Gridno27 actualltý contacted me with PM before posting on the add. I recomended that he made the argument/comment here.

Please make your own mind if you see this as a - repair, front weel only or ride option. Ask for more picturs if you need some details.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back