Restored 1957 Holdsworth

DroppedMatt

Dirt Disciple
A re-painted / restored Holdsworth (probably Typhoon or Cyclone model) frame and forks (Seat Tube: 56cm c-t, Top Tube: 57cm c-c) - in good condition with some paint chips throughout(see photos), a lovely frame with beautiful Nervex lugs.

The frame and forks comes with:

?Campagnolo headset (this might just be a Campagnolo lock nut on a unbranded headset).
Unknown BB.
Unknown Chainset (52/42) seen in photos.
Dia Compe brake levers.
SIW hubs laced to Araya rims (27" 1 1/4 wheels). - the front hub feels quite rough, so could probably do with a re-grease / service. The hubs and rims are in great cosmetic condition. Some spokes feel loose, so both wheels could probably do with truing also.
Dia compe centre-pull brakes.
Front and rear cable hangers.
Front and rear brake cable straddle bridges.

The frame number is: 22410 this is stamped on the rear dropout. This dates the frame being built in 1957.
The BB is stamped 15.

Paint chips (shown in photos), are mainly around the front and rear brake holes, and can also be seen around the FD clamping area, chainstays, and BB area.
The original rear derailleur hanger may have been removed and replaced (again, see photos).
The rear triangle may need to be cold-set to accommodate a 126mm rear hub.

Note: stem and rear derailleur seen in the photos are not included.

I had planned to build the bike with modern components and groupset (with chunky 650B or 700C tyres), but due to a change of circumstances, I am having to sell.

I can happily provide additional photos on request.

£250 collected from Andover.
Delivery and Postage can be negotiated by PM, however collection is preferred.
I can happily provide additional photos on request.

Attachments

• Holdsworth photos 1001 (800x600).jpg
    Holdsworth photos 1001 (800x600).jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 463
  • Holdsworth photos 008 (800x600).jpg
    Holdsworth photos 008 (800x600).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 461
Back