Raleight 753r frameset £250

The frameset has now been sold to originalshinkicker!

Thankyou everyone for looking and discussing the frameset.

originalshinkicker":2ibbghln said:
Midlife":2ibbghln said:
Baker's dozen now Mr Originalshinkicker :)

Shaun

It's a few more than that now Shaun!

I'm trying the same with with 70's .... three Aende's and counting :)

I'm glad it's gone to a good home :D. I was tempted as its a great looking frame at a very nice price, about the same as it costs me to keep the kids at uni for a week ! However, it's after my time and I have no kit to get it up and running like it should:)

I still keep a lookout for 70's SBDU though :)

Shaun

I was toying with the idea as I have a groupset for it, BUT, it was the slightly the wrong size really and I'm not sure how 753r would hold up on these Welsh roads, plus I want to use the groupset on the 87, 8803 Raleigh race frame I bought about a year ago.

Still it is a cracking frame, what are your plans for it?

Plan is to wait till it arrives and see how easy/difficult it is to get the Banana transfers back on - or decide to leave as is. Then a Dura Ace build.

I would never worry about 753R, it is a totally different tube gauge to the early 753.

753R is barely different to 531c and most people wouldn't think twice about thrashing a 531c frame.

originalshinkicker":39341g1d said:
753R is barely different to 531c and most people wouldn't think twice about thrashing a 531c frame.

I'm one of those people, keep us up to date on the build if you would be so kind.

All the best

Back