Raleight 753r frameset £250

veronica

Retro Newbie
For sale is my Raleigh 753r frameset shown below.

Condition is just short of excellent. There are a few blemishes from storage, but no dents or cracks. Nothing that careful touch up couldn't solve! Usual wear on the dropouts from axle nuts. Headtube, fork crown race seat, bb shell have all been chased and faced. The frame never saw use in the rain and has always been stored inside so internal corrosion will be minimal! The frame was also treated with a framesaver style product when new.

Seat tube centre to top is 59.5cm

Top tube centre to centre is 55.5cm.

Rear dropouts are spaced at 130mm.

Serial number is SB8868.

The price is £250, delivered anywhere in the mainland UK.

Thankyou for looking! If you have any questions please get in touch and I'll try my best to answer them.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 919
  • FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 919
  • IMG_0786.JPG
    IMG_0786.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 919
  • IMG_0791.JPG
    IMG_0791.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 919
  • IMG_0792.JPG
    IMG_0792.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 919
  • IMG_0793.JPG
    IMG_0793.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 919
  • IMG_0794.JPG
    IMG_0794.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 919
  • IMG_0795.JPG
    IMG_0795.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 919
It's a beautiful frame isn't it? It actually rides even better than it looks too :) Thanks for taking a look!

Re:

Agree, it looks great, an odd size but probably custom. It would build into a great period bike if kept faithful and a good price BTW so I hope it finds a happy home to someone on here.

I purchased the frame from the original owner (my old boss) at a bike shop where I used to work. You are correct that the sizing was custom for him and a bit unusual. He was only around 180cm, but seemingly most of that was in his legs! Thanks for your thoughts and taking a look!!

Hmm. Im honestly not certain of production year I'm afraid. It is the original paint job and decal kit, but that dosn't exactly narrow it down as it was a custom built frame.. I do know that it came from the factory specced with a 130mm o.l.d. (i.e. post introduction of 8 speed) so it must be post 1988 (?) I think. Although going from memory, based on historic conversations with the former owner I believe he may have ordered the frameset at the start of the 90's. Can anyone see any better identifiers? I don't know if the frame number gives anything away on these?

Thanks for looking!

Where is the frame number on this one?, I thought it would have been on the BB shell.

Where are you based?

Back