Whyte 19 Trail Steel - 2010

messiah

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Yes... I really did sell the 1993 Dave Lloyd CATS WISKAS and my 1999 Trek 8900 to buy this... and so far I do not regret it at all.

12bujv.jpg

Photo shows how she looked after SSEC where I stripped the gears off after wrecking the rear wheel on my SS Explosif.

One of the main reasons I went for this over the likes of a Cotic Soul or Genesis Altitude was the dropouts - with a long term view of using it for SS if my Kona died (again)... little did I expect to be using them within a week of getting it :roll:

631 steel rather than 853 of many frames at this price... who can tell... it passed CEN, feels wicked and rides lovely which is good enough for me.

Bike is almost completely stock as I picked it up from the shop, the only change is the Cassette to XT because I had one and it won't damage the Hope rear hub like the steel one it came with. I'll probably change the SRAM X5 shifters and X9 rear mech to XT but at the moment I haven't bothered.

BB30 Bottom bracket was tight but I've fixed it now.

I really enjoyed the retro Lloyd but for the way I ride I think it was a matter of time before one of us got hurt - better that I let it go so I can concentrate on the riding rather than trying to ride round the delicateness of a classic old-skool-race-bike.

For Retro I still have Kona :cool:

12bujm.jpg

Once I fix the wheel.

If I keep loving it this much I'll have to save up for the Ti version.

Back