My new project - Raleigh DHO!

carter711

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I recently bought this as a project, I'm going to strip it down and clean everything, change the cranks for M952 XTRs and a blackspire chain device, and fit Vs :D

I haven't had time to take it for a proper ride but I took it out for 10 mins today and it rides really well, suspension works very well and the bike feels smaller than it looks.

Looking forward to taking this out this summer....

Attachments

• DHO.jpg
    DHO.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 2,773
Cool.
I've just bought a DH Psycle. Needs a bit of work.
What brakes are on you Raleigh? Are you going to flog em after fitting V's? I have Hope C2 on the bike, in a bad way.

Ahhhh, Matt Farmer and Jim Buchanan raced on those BITD, you gonna keep the orange or go for a respray in team red and yellow?

Nice - a mate had one of the team bikes (Emma Guys old bike I think), when it bottomed out hard the linkage hit his seatpost...

Thanks for the replies, I have no intention of getting it resprayed at the moment as I have a Kona Chute build that's my priority at the moment.

I am toying with the idea of running the Manitous on my Chute with the Big 'Un front wheel and Hope C2. I'll fit it and see what it's like.

I've spent the evening stripping and cleaning the front end and the forks have come up really well, they are alot lighter than I was expecting aswel!

What great bike! Looks really tidy! Would it be possable to ask what head set is fitted? I'm nealy done gathering the parts for my DHO but afraid my build is going to be a mix of modern and old. Love then manitou forks you have on it.

Hi,
I've just bought one of these frames...could you tell me the seatpost size?
I can't really tell whether it's 30.6, 30.8 or 30.9. My eyes are dim etc....
Thanks for your attention.

Back