My Bike

MTIbiza

Retro Newbie
A friend of mine pointed me to this site after i broke a shifter... great site and hopefully have a replacement shifter on it's way shortly.

Anyway the story goes that many moons ago I worked in a bike shop part time after school etc. In that ime I built my bike. Nothing has been changed since apart from the headset. I am trying to remember what year the bike is but it will be around the 97/98 mark. I have recently got back in the saddle and putting more miles in and getting more smiles back out of using the bike.

GT Zaskar frame with a spattering of x-lite stuff - seatpost, stem, bars, Marzocchi Bombers Z1 forks, XT brake/shifter combo, XT front and rear mech. WTB velociraptor tyres.

Anyway here are some pics. let me know what you think.
Bike2.jpg

Bike1.jpg

Sorry for the poor images - I will take some better ones at the weekend.

Cheers

Mie

Based near Crawley in West Sussex. Tend to ride over at Holmbury St Mary's near Dorking or around the crawley area.

Thanks for the welcome.

Very nice. Like the stem, is it a fly?

If you post up the serial number someone will be able to tell you the year it is.

Generally like it but I've seen a couple of saddles snap from being that far back - puts alot of strain on the rails :).

coomber":t3gsm7uu said:
Very nice. Like the stem, is it a fly?

If you post up the serial number someone will be able to tell you the year it is.

Yep X-lite fly stem.

I've moved the seat a bit further forward as I don't want any snapped rails etc.

I'll try and get the serial number when I go out on it this friday.

That is a 1997 frame, I have a 16" in black and somewhere I have two sets of decal kits for it. Currently I have the paint stripped off but its going back to the original GT powdercoater to be repainted and then having original decals put back on. I ordered spare decal kits from GT before they were sold. This is a built in California frame.

Where about on the frame is the serial number?

I have a feeling it might be earlier than 97 but i could be wrong.

Back