Kona Toffee Racer

cachopo man

Kona Fan
I have always wanted a Kona Explosif 94-96.
After looking for one in size 18, without dents or big scratches at a reasonable prize, I gave up and bought a 97 one. I find it much uglier, but it still had the 853 tubing.

It started out as a bike to comute, so no bling in the components, and I also didn´t want to spend a fortune on Nos parts. I took some bits I had and bought some other second hand regular ones.

Attachments

• IMG_0220.JPG
    IMG_0220.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 2,423
But I really wanted the old logo and having the frame repainted.
So after a couple of chats with gil_m I had a set of stickers made. Chiringuita also gave me the measures of the stickers to different parts of the frame, and I eventually came out with this:

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 2,419
I know some of the purists may consider it sacrilege, but I find it much beautier. In fact, I think I´ll hang it in the wall and buy anoteher frame to comute!

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 2,413
Colors are Fiat vanilla and Volvo brown. It looks much better in the sun, but unfortunately this was the only beam I could take these days:

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 2,407
Thanx for the comments:
I really like the color scheme. ;)
Although I had to move the P2 sticker form its original location to add the "one less car" one. I´ve always liked that motto, but here in Spain people won´t understand it.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 2,403
And the last pic.
If you´ve liked it, please comment and I´ll post the complete bike. If you consider it sacrilege... just ignore it. :oops:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 2,397
Back