1998 Prototype Intense Tazer FS

JustinW

Dirt Disciple
This is (to my understanding) the very first Tazer full suspension to be built. Sort of a frankenstein of sorts, it has the UZZI SL rear triangle, M1 linkage, M1 shock mount parts and a Tazer front end. The frame is original except that I swapped out the original two piece linkage with the 1999 one piece linkage. I still have the original linkage but it was prone to having bent mounting hardware when bottomed out hard. I have neglected this one a bit but may restore it. This bike was pictured in one of the Intense catalogs. This bike, or the hardtail version won a national championship title.

Attachments

• P4050001.JPG
    P4050001.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 3,103
  • P4050005.JPG
    P4050005.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 3,102
  • P4050009.JPG
    P4050009.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 3,102
This and the HT are my dream bikes. Would be good to see more pics of the HT.

Always wanted to pick up a HT Tazer, any of them versions. How do they ride?

I like my HT. Don't ride it as often as I should really. It's light quite resposive and looks good!

LOVE IT!!!! That's my kinda bike! :cool:

I can understand why you'd want to restore it but I think it'd be a shame to touch the original paint/battle scars given it's uniqueness.

Yeah, I have thought the same about repainting it. The decals are one off's and the rest of them are very difficult to come by without having reproductions done. I do have a custom paint facility at work though, we can replicate the colors, pinstriping and decals on the plotter.

this

looks very familiar, who´d u bought it from? looks like an old team bike. they were excellent slopestyle bikes are picking up in popularity a lot to. would love to have yours to kick around for a laugh on the pushbike sessions, once a year haha.

Back