1998 Klein Pulse Comp

mattbrown

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Thought this was the 1997 version (cuz i owned one bitd but got rid of the frame about 6 months before finding here) before i picked it up today, and then saw it was 1998, was a little gutted, however the frame design doesnt look any different, some original parts on it and some not, so set about restoring it back to an XC bike with the parts i had lying around.

Before and after shots.

Replaced seat (but think ill change that to a bonty or a wtb)
Replaced forks
Tyres - were a 2.2 (pain with the v brakes) now 1.95's
Replaced stem and handlebars
Replaced pedals

Oh and the brake pads, they were completely worn through front and rear and the rear had started to score the rear rim, but nothing too bad the the mo

Attachments

• pulsecomp1998.JPG
    pulsecomp1998.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 9,493
  • PICT0189 [800x600].jpg
    PICT0189 [800x600].jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 9,261
got exactly the same bike, bought it new in 98 and got it back off a friend recently.

how are the upgrades going? I'll be looking to replace the forks, how much did those blue manitou set you back? Worth the hassle?

i had the forks already, the bike has some nice ano green rims on M570 hubs, pretty much have changed most of the groupset to M570 apart from v brakes, as im not a massive fan of the parallel linkage on the brakes (more pivots to wear out), very nice climber, just how i prefer my bikes.

Just got a 98 pulse comp on ebay for £120 and looking to do a refurb. Gonna send it for a respray and get some new bits. Loving it so far, I know it is the basic of the Kleins but I love it already!

Klien Pulse Comp Stickers

Does anyone know where I can get some replacement stickers for my Pulse Comp?

I've had it since new and thought it's about time I gave it a revamp :eek:)

Thanks in advance.

Back