Airborne Lucky Strike Update P5

Awkward Kid

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
'My ti toy has arrived'
Read what you will into the title, just dont tell the wife either way.

Attachments

• IMG_0965.jpg
    IMG_0965.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 8,114
Toy

Airborne Lucky strike, I have one and they are superb frames, finish on mine is as good as a Merlin, (I've had a few of those as well) but with better design features, I stripped the decals off mine as they offended the Mum in law and it needed a good Scotchbrite, looks much better for it.
They have the compliance of Titanium, but with the clever bi ovalising of tubes laterally very stiff. Badged as hand made in China, but the finish looks more US in the Weld dept.

Was rumoured they were knocked out in the US by one of the Ti frame houses to increase company turn over, but sold at a low price badged as Chinese so as not to offend the main stream brand buyers? Whatever they are better than any other Ti frames I've seen knocked out of the East, think they were built between 93 and 98, which again for China was pretty advanced?
Whats the build proposed then? ;) ;) ;)

I'm on my second Mosquito now and can vouch for the quality of welds and finishing touches like the bullet end stays. Underated frames but cheaper to buy as a result. Nice

lewis1641":2ixfpxb6 said:
airborne?

Yup!

Lancaster

Think i'm going to strip the decals off. Any tips boys? They seem to be painted? Will most probably end up with Wildgrippers on, as always which colour?
Currently very light and may get lighter? Dunno yet!

Attachments

• IMG_0966.jpg
    IMG_0966.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 7,953
dont think its a Lancaster though?
Unless earlier models differed, Lancasters had standard straight seat stays. i think the other chap was right in saying yours is a Lucky Strike?.

I removed the decals (most of them) on my other Mosquito frame with nail varnish remover, melts them straight off without adding any extra scratches to the Ti.

Kind of a shame as the original decals arent available any longer, but removing one or two of them helps tone things down a bit.

Here's my Mosquito:
mosquito.jpg

Lancaster should look almost the same without the down tube gusset, and with addition of canti bosses. Oh, and Mosquito has bosses for a crud catcher.

Back