New toy, mid-build. Santa Cruz Superlight.

random_dave_1

Retro Guru
Evening all. Following on from my decision to go down the full suspension route I've ended up picking up a frame this evening following a successful ebay dabble. I've just put the forks and wheels on to have a look at it and here we are. Seems a decent purchase for £150.

Attachments

• CIMG2050 (Medium).JPG
    CIMG2050 (Medium).JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 2,031
:D these are superb, make sure you stick decent kit on it......looking forward to seeing it grow.

The kit will be all the bits off my KHS, so XTR, XT, White Industries crank and some Kore bars to go with the stem. And the Sids and wheels in the picture. I'll probably put some bigger tyres on as well, the 1.8s just seem a little skittish.

Nice find, good colour too and likely the best 150 spent on a frame, I've had mine since new in 1997.

I don't know your weight and terrain or riding preference, but a proper set of forks will do a lot for handling and ride of the bike. I ran Zocchi Bombers in mine, the flylight air version probably till adds 1 lbs over a Sid and still worth it imho.

Enjoy!!

Nice :D

I have a small non-disc of similar vintage built up for the missus, and a newer V or disc medium for me :)

Not many designs of that era still around and relevant.................

Andy

FR? This is going to be XC all the way, built for speed! Will probably have a play round with different stems, I like a stretched out riding position.

The wheels, whilst not everyones cup of tea are my absolute favourite, I've never had to straighten them, and they roll incredibly smoothly, they seem to make the bike so much quicker! I don't know what it is about them but don't knock em til you've tried em!

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, I'll add more pictures as and when it's ready. Just need to figure out what's the best stuff to clean up the frame with, it's got a few scratches and a patch where the finish has been worn away a bit so it's lighter than the rest on the top tube.

Back