Retro bike community GT XCR4000 I-drive

mikef350

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi all

Here is my latest purchase built up from a few members on this site,not sure what age it is but a big thank you goes out to retro bike member 95explosive for the superb deal he did me on the frame,forks,seatpost,wheels,headset. :D

Also a big thanks to Lysander for the saddle and carbon bars and adlyhobart for the magura's. :D

And dave (lewis1642) for the xt chainset,rear mech,shifters :D

I have been after a gt zaskar or a i drive for a couple of months now so when this came up i thought i will go for it.Also bought a few parts from CRC to fit on it which was-

new fsa orbit (red) cartridge bearing headset (the one i got with the bike was fine i just wanted a red one :D )
red front/rear skewers
red bottle cage
continental tyres
9speed hg chain
saddle bad
etc etc

I plan to get rid of the magura's and purchase a set of disc brakes and i need a longer 27.2 seat post but hopefully this will be a keeper.Comments welcome good or bad
9gg4sg.jpg

amf5gn.jpg

axi9eb.jpg

sv13cw.jpg

dnyq8y.jpg

An invitation to say something bad about your bike eh! Well, it looks like it's crashed into halfords and your chainset is horrible.

Only joking. One of the best looking bikes you have built. I think you should keep the maguras- they look awesome. Look forward to having a test ride on wednesday night.

Pleased for you dude

ah so thats where that frame went :D nice build, you have paid attention to details, well done, black and red, classy! :D get some black cranks to finish it and dare i say red or black rims! stealth! ;) :roll: :LOL:

That looks right smart and tarty, that does- saddle goes well on it, didnae match anything of mine........ :p

Looks very good, I like those bars a lot! I've just put the same headset on mine, I didn't feel I could justify the extra expense of a hope or CK. Seems a good piece of kit though.

cheers guys :D

yer the headset is plenty more than upto the job and is pretty light.

cyfa-iam happy with the silver wheels and cranks due to there being silver in the decal's and bars etc but thanks for the comment. :D

looks good mike,keep the maguras,theyre just as good a s discs,trust me ;) miss my i drive ,rode really well and is partly the reason i have a goose now :D

now get the thing ridden :twisted:

Back