1999 cannodale raven chromalusion Purpleen

twangy27

Retro Guru
My new obession/project/money drainer

Always wanted one of these since my best mate bought one back in the day. He sold his after only having it for 6 months and regretted it ever since, so now its my turn to live the dream.

Its one of the bikes I can truly call my dream bike as these went for over £3000 BITD so was always completely out my league, thats what I love about this site, revisiting old memorys and desires that were forgotten.

I had been on the scout for one for a while so when this came up I had to have it. I was a bit nervous when collecting as the pantwork is really what makes these things but when i picked it up I was over the moon with its condition.

I've got quite a lot planned for it, most of which is sat on my bedroom floor waiting to be fitted but thought Id share a few pics of how it looked when I picked up.

First to go is the cranks and riser bars.

Anyway ill let the pictures do the talking. Any ideas would be much appreciated! Just got to get it dirty now!

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

:cool: love these, no idea why i aint owned one yet!

remember seeing a super v 4000 raven on the the wall of my LBS back in 1996.....£3,999!!!!!!

sadly i was 17 and just started my first job and could only afford the m600!

Looks nice and tidy. Its very tricky to do the colour justice in the photos. Here's an attempt with the purple:

3269022909_ea264d79de_b.jpg

Its my 2nd Raven, had the original 2000 (black/yellow), but upgraded it to similar/higher spec than the 4000 :twisted: Its the only bike i regretted selling, so bought the 2000 last year. Great bikes ;)

I know what you mean about the colour, i've taken dozen to try and catch it but ive only got my camera phone so its nigh on impossible.

I've got a full M950 groupset waiting to go on it so that'll improve it no end.

First proper ride is on sunday and I really cant wait to see what its like.

Never wanted a Cannondale mtb more than a Raven, first time I saw one was in the huge window at Evans at Waterloo, London. I was riding a GT RTS-3 at the time and had, had it for a few years when I saw the Raven, it was love at first sight I loved it and tried EVERYTHING in my power to get one but £4,000 was a figure I dreamed about and just knew I could not afford it :cry: . But now thanks to 75% of cyclists being silly and following fashion a lot of them won't be seen dead on a classic like this as it's too old. That's where we step in the people that love and adore what they ride, I own a MKII with a lefty and I LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT!! as my father said to me when I got it "See son dreams can come true" and they do I love my Raven :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: and I think yours is a stunner well done I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Back