My First SingleSpeed ('98 Cannondale)

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Picked this up off of Sithlord recently, previously owned by Saltyman too, I bought it purely on how nice it looked, plus it was intriguing to me as I'd not had a SS before.

Having a look on VintageCannondale puts this as a '98 (Augist), not sure of it's history or origins, but I love it. The way it looks, the way it rides, it just a cool bike to have, and to ride :) :)

Added bonus is that I put it on the scales and it they just crept up to the 10kg mark which isn't too shabby considering there's no fancy lightweight componentry on there yet ;)

Some pics:

CannondaleSS009.jpg

CannondaleSS010.jpg

CannondaleSS019.jpg

CannondaleSS030.jpg

CannondaleSS027.jpg

CannondaleSS018.jpg

CannondaleSS038.jpg

No Idea why there's 2 sets of Cannondale decals on it, the ones on the top tube are replica's, but I don't actually think it looks too odd like that.

Steve :cool:

First ss aye!!

You'll never look back. :D

Well,unless your riding in traffic and doing a right turn or some young lady with a wiggle catches your eye or............................ ;)

al.

really enjoyed owning that bike, would of kept it if id had more space.

ideal for xc work and keeping fit.

That looks really clean and fresh, love it. I think the c'dale suspension fork works well with the SS look :cool:

markoc":1a10w3k0 said:
Looks very nice - what cranks are they? The spider looks quite funky.

Cheers,
tbh, I know VERY little about the bike, apart from it being a '98 and weighing circa 10kg.
Sith might be able to help with identifying the cranks :? I think they're pretty cool :cool: and funky too. :)

looks cracking mate no pun intended i do like the late 90's cannondales they look the nutts.

some one please id those cranks its bugging me they look cool beans :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

so what are the laid bare plans for this rig are you staying ss changing any parts out polishing others :?: cos those cranks would look so good highly polished then anodized to keep the finish :cool:

cannondale king":2f49l44p said:
looks cracking mate no pun intended i do like the late 90's cannondales they look the nutts.

some one please id those cranks its bugging me they look cool beans :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

so what are the laid bare plans for this rig are you staying ss changing any parts out polishing others :?: cos those cranks would look so good highly polished then anodized to keep the finish :cool:

Cheers for that,

tbh, no plans yet, as it's my first a) 'Dale b) SS. :) ;)
Would be nice to give the frame a 'refresh' in terms of paint finish, then play about with getting it really light, and then fiddling with differing gear ratios

I'll take your recommendations onboard with regards to the cranks - I'm loving them too, ultimately though I might ditch the SS, but only to go for a 1-2 set up up front (retaining the single cog at the rear) cos I love sprinting ;) ;) :) :) :) :twisted:

Steve

Steve, nice photos fella, :), pleased your enjoying it,, :)

The cranks.. mmmm they are very nice guys,, arn't they ... :) they are stronglight 'ironlights' :) ;)

Back