My two..

Steve Kish

Senior Retro Guru
Firstly, my old Marin Pine Mountain steel hybrid:-
MarinatJan2009-1.jpg

Mostly used on the road as a halfway house and general runabout with the CTC and mates. Now fitted with mudguards for the winter. Very comfortable to ride and has a 20T inner ring for any hill out there. Mostly LX stuff with Bonny Road Warrior 1.5 slicks. 8-speed with triple White Industries cranks and SPuDs. Position gives it away that I'm an ex-roadman.

Then my newest frame, Scott Scale 40. Nice Hope Tech X2 brakes, Reba Dual Air forks, Charge Spoon ti saddle and Mavic Crossride wheels. Strictly off-road only, as the Maxxis Swampthing winter tyres sound like there's a hovercraft trying to pass you. I do have some WTB Weirwolf rubber for when it eventually dries up (about mid-August!)
Outer chainring has been machined down into a bashring, so still a good 8-way selection with 11/32 and 34/22 rings.
newscottscale40-1.jpg

Cheers Earl. Yup, the Scale is very light and great for climbing. Rigid but the one downfall is that the 6061 alloy (compared to the 7005 that it's Kona predecessor had) is very soft. One day of chainsuck and the chainstay looks like a half-eaten banana! :( Device now fitted to prevent further damage.

Back