little bit of (semi retro) DH - 2002 Ellsworth Dare

amedias

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
OK, I know t's not that retro in the grand scheme of things, but it is an 8 year old DH bike and things have changed a lot in the DH arena recently...

Still tweaking at the mo to get it just righ, Had some Manitou Xvert Carbon DHs on it the other week, but although nice and light the bushings were knocking so Monsters went on instead...

Cheers
Matt

Attachments

• DSC01173.jpg
    DSC01173.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 2,047
  • DSC01175.jpg
    DSC01175.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 2,047
Not quite sure what to do about the XVerts to be honest, they are awesome forks but spares are non-existant so I don't know anywhere I can get the bushings sorted and dont want to ride them with baggy bushings as it'll do no good at all to the stanchions....

The other bikes hiding out of shot are a Schwinn Straight 6, and my Kilauea SS commuter.

The schwinn is already buillt, it's my main rider :)

Also have a 4 banger frame in the loft which is technically a 'spare' but I'm itching to build it....

Will dig some pics of the straight 6 out later, its a love or hate affair at the moment as it has lefty on it ;-)

aye a cannondale lefty max, suits the straight 6 really well, will pop some photos up during the week for you to decry as long as you promise not to send an exorcist to my house ;-)

just jesting. to each their own dude.

i run manitou firefly forks on my vr1 so it's a b*stard mix of new n old. the only dh bike i'm going to keep kind of period will be the intense as that will be a cruiser thang.

Back