98-99 marin b17

big.eck

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
bought this as a frame/fork off ebay a couple of weeks ago for a good price :D :D

IMG_1944.jpg

threw a set of wheels on it to get it started and a set of dx brakes/seat/bars & stem/air shock and a silver h20 . had a couple of hours today to spare so decided to get it built up fully..........

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

changed the forks for a set of marzocchi super t's , rear shock had to come back off as i don't have a pump for it :LOL: deore shifters , xt pedal arms , lx mechs , and it goes really well......

it's still really light too :? :D :D

it's disc ready (well the rear mounts missing some bits :? ) i might run discs in the future ;)

big.eck":3cy7y0ts said:
it's disc ready (well the rear mounts missing some bits :? ) i might run discs in the future ;)

I thought you could bolt straight onto the frame. I know I did when I had a Rift Zone. Only good for running 165's though :(

theres 2 huge threaded holes where the disc mount should be on this frame :?: i'm guessing theres tabs needed to screw in ?

i'll get a pic tomorrow :D

is it not just post mount rear?....

Its very nice, I love these bikes!...

Not seen wheels laced like that for yonks either!

*AJ*":25p6m1k8 said:
is it not just post mount rear?....

Its very nice, I love these bikes!...

Not seen wheels laced like that for yonks either!

i don't think it's post mount , the holes are for m10 or m12 bolts ? thats big......

i've taken the snowflakes back off and they'll be up for sale soon :(

Looks in great condition, if it wasnt for it being the other end of the country from me, I would of had that myself.

Congrats on a bargain!

JeRkY":v1vsltam said:
Looks in great condition, if it wasnt for it being the other end of the country from me, I would of had that myself.

Congrats on a bargain!

aye , i done not too bad with it :D defo a keeper :D :D :D

The 2 m10 holes are to attach a plate to, which then you would attach the caliper plate. Alledgedly you can only get CAD drawings which show an IS type fitting.
I've already pm'ed somebody on here to try and get hold of the drawings to give to BETD so they can machine one for me. Ive got a post mount rear caliper and wanted to use that, if not I'll have to swap it for an IS or buy another caliper.

People moan that these frames break easily, poppycock! I've had my b-17 baby for a good while now and mine hasn't broke (yet!).

Latest posts

Back