1998/9 AMP Research B3 build up thread x2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHDboy

Dirt Disciple
I guess as this is my first post I'd post some nice pictures.

I bought these frames a while ago and am now starting to think about building them up. Not sure which way to go yet but I'm going to have the Spinergy's on one of the frames and would like a Tioga Disc Drive on the other. Any ideas anyone?

I'm guessing most won't know the differences in these 2 frames and the importance of one of them, anyway here's the pictures in case anyone does.

4354374958_d6ccc8f876_b.jpg

4354375394_38de620404_b.jpg

4353629871_b87884ac8d_b.jpg

Thinking about it, these frames might even be earlier than this?

it's got downtube cable routing too :?

either way, they're later than my amplifier.

......so what's the story with them?

jango":24v48ndk said:
it's got downtube cable routing too :?

either way, they're later than my amplifier.

......so what's the story with them?

I was told the second one is actually one of the original B3 prototypes.
It even has oval tubing on the downtube and completely different bracing.

I went to look at a Green B3 and the guy also had these 2 so I bought them instead.

2 B3 frames
1 F4 fork
1 D1 disc brake

The first one is a later B3, when you had a choice of B3, B4 and B5 models, from around '97 I would guess. The second one with the oval down tube is a '95 B3, the same as mine. It's slightly different in that the head tube gusset on mine is on top of the top tube not under it like yours.

Hope that helps.

ATB

John

rc200ti":2b9e7nqv said:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Why cry ??

You should see what else I have to unpack somewhere, untouched since around 1999. Grafton, Pulstar, Hershey, Paul and other things I've probably forgotten about.

It took a bit of finding, but here's a bit on the prototype B3's, as you can see this still has the twin down tube front triangle from the B2 but has the B3 rear features, which is the shorter shck set up in an attempt to reduce frame flex.

This is from MBA June '94.

Do you have a frame number for the oval tube'd B3?

ATB

John

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 3,780
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back