Saracen Rush Progress

saltyhair81

Retro Newbie
Well it's been some time since I posted on here last.

I have been building my bike for a while and had no experience at all so it's been a very big learning curve!

I always wanted a saracen addiction/rush (same frame) and have been getting it built up for a while.

I am just waiting to get my hub on my front wheel changed to axle and then fit my chain. I have used as many retro parts as I can!

spec and picture below: -

Tioga Downhill seat
Carbon hi-comp seat post
Xero Rims
Hope pro 2 hubs
goldtec chain guide
sachs chain (to be fitted)
Avid Juicy 7's 185mm front 160mm rear
kore stem
XT rear Mech
XT gear lever
V8 Pedals
Club Roost bars
Helix Pro rear shock
Tioga headset
Tioga 2.3 downhill front and rear tyres
Shimano LX 8 Speed cassette
Marzocchi drops offs

DSCF0054.jpg

Let us know your views :D

Thanks guys.

Carbon seatpost is to be trimmed when I get the right height and I also have a spare downhill post with seat too.

Would you believe I got the frame brand new too for £26! :D :D

Funny you say about the forks...

I have some retro White Brothers UD180's here that need rebuilding. I might get them sorted and powdercoated black. Would look great and so chunky!

i think the drop offs are fine :) may i ask where or how did you get the frame for that price?

Ebay! He bought it from new but could never get a rear triangle for it.

Lucky enough I found a part built donor bike so nicked some of the bits from that.

I cannot tell you how many hours I have spent cleaning bits though, getting rid of grease and mud.

All part of the fun though and I feel really proud now!

I have one of those frames in my 'project' pile. I found it in a garage in Morzine with a set of 3 piece cranks and a pair Stratos MX6's and paid 100 euros for the lot. The frame is actually slightly different from yours though; mine has no graphics and is metal flake black, also the rear triangle is a slightly different shape and more closely resembles that which was on the Intense M1. Apparently it was prototype but thats probably just hearsay! It will get built one day :)

Lacuna":1isvdsai said:
I have one of those frames in my 'project' pile. I found it in a garage in Morzine with a set of 3 piece cranks and a pair Stratos MX6's and paid 100 euros for the lot. The frame is actually slightly different from yours though; mine has no graphics and is metal flake black, also the rear triangle is a slightly different shape and more closely resembles that which was on the Intense M1. Apparently it was prototype but thats probably just hearsay! It will get built one day :)

would you swap/sell it?

Back