2005 Project One Klein Attitude. (Glow pics added).

cudfather

Devout Dirtbag
Here is my 2005 Project One Klein Attitude.

I found it hanging unused and on display in a local bike shop in August 2008. The owner of the bike shop didn't want to sell it to me at first as it had been a feature of the bike shop since 2004, but after a few months of begging, I managed to get him to part with it in the December of 2008. After having it hanging on my own wall for some months, I decided that I had to know what it would look like built up, so I decided to start collecting parts for it.

The bones glow in the dark, and once I've managed to take a decent picture of them glowing that does them justice, I will post them, as it really does look pretty cool.

Yes, I know it's a Trek Klein as the hard core among us will quickly point out, but this bike rides so nicely and looks so pretty, I've found it so easy to become enthused by it. This is the first bike that I've built from the ground up myself and I love it, so I doubt I'll ever sell it unless I'm completely skint.

Here is a brief run down of the spec:

Klein Attitude Frameset with custom 'bones' glow in the dark paint
Rockshox World Cup's with Poploc
Chris King Headset Sotto Voce in black.
Mavic 717 disc rims laced to Green Chris King ISO disc hubs with black DT Swiss Competition Spokes and DT Green nipples.
Schwalbe Furious Fred's
Shimano XTR brakes with 160mm black Hope 'Floating' Rotors.
Shimano XTR Shifters
Shimano XTR Shadow Carbon rear mech
Shimano XTR e-type front mech (the 34.9 band type wasn't big enough to stretch around the seat tube - probably due to the thickness of the paint).
Shimano XTR Chainset
Shimano XT Cassette
Shimano XTR cables
Sram 991 chain
Crank Brothers Egg Beater SC's (I know they're quite heavy but they colour match the XTR components really well :) ).
SDG Bel Air RL Ti with Cow print (my Mum bought it for me as my name has 'cow' in it).
Thomson Elite Seatpost
Thomson Elite X4 100mm 0 deg stem
Ritchey Carbon bars
Ritchey foam grips

Anyway, I hope you like it. By the way, the green hubs match far better in the flesh than they do in the pictures for some reason.

IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_5719.jpg

IMG_5704.jpg

IMG_5711.jpg

IMG_5708.jpg

IMG_5709.jpg

IMG_5698.jpg

thecannibal":sqqjiig6 said:
i think it's important that the fork be replaced with a black one

I can see where you're coming from. The white forks are the only thing I wasn't 100% sure on.

The plan was to have the forks custom painted black and to have Klein written down the front in a luminous paint, but I wasn't confident that anyone could get the colour and font to match. In the flesh, the white forks work in contrast with the Klein lettering and the white on the saddle. It looks good for now but I do wonder whether I'll feel the same in a few years.

If I come across someone who it confident that they can do a great job at matching the font in luminous pain I might be tempted to let them loose on them.

That really is one of the nicest bikes I've seen on here :)

Are you able to take a picture of it at night, glowing??

edit* read your post now, i'll look forward to the extra pics then.

Thats a really individual bike , cool !! I think black forks would complete it though. :D

Back