GT LTS DH (year 2000?)

haydnw

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Finally finished building my LTS DH, which I believe is from 2000. It was a long, hard slog involving problems as diverse as a lack of available decals and headset spacers having an external diameter 2mm too big. Anyway, here she is:

lts.jpg

lts2.jpg

lts3.jpg

lts4.jpg

I stripped the frame, had it powder coated and fitted new bearings. The decals I re-drew from a scan of some STS ones and a photo of my old LTS, and modified for the DH in the colours I wanted.

Some of the photos above make some bits look a bit pink (e.g. the headset) but they're all red. The top one also makes the chainstay angle look appalling, but it's much closer horizontal in real life.

Full spec is:

Frame: GT LTS-DH (2000)
Rear shock: Rockshox Super Deluxe

Fork: Marzocchi Junior T 170mm (2003?)

Headset: FSA Orbit
Stem: Marzocchi integrated
Handlebar: Azonic
Grips: GT
Barends: Hope bar plugs

Brakes: Hope M4
Brake Levers: Hope

Shifters: Deore 9sp
Rear Derailleur: XTR
Derailleur Cables: Gore Ride-on sealed
Cassette: SRAM 9sp
Chain: SRAM 9sp
Cranks: Race Face DH forged
Chainrings: FSA
Chainring bolts: Race Face
Chain guide: AC
Pedals: Shimano DX SPDs

Hub Skewers: Hope
Rims: D521
Hubs: XT front / FUNN rear
Tyres: Tioga Factory DH 2.1 F&R

Saddle: Titec Berserkr DH
Seatpost: System-ex
Seatpost Binder: Hope

Weight: Beastly

Thanks everyone.

Curly68":itxkds37 said:
Very nice. Looks quite modern, if I may say so?
You certainly may - it was never really intended to be a fully original retro build. I basically built it up with bits I liked. :)

gm1230126":itxkds37 said:
98 decals
Cheers - it had some custom decals on when I got it, so I wasn't sure what should be on there. The ones I chose were my favourite of the different styles I looked at, and I think it was worth all the time and effort to make them up; I'm really pleased with them. Kudos to Gil_m too for helping me sort them out once I'd drawn them up.

very nice, what size is it?....

Looks similar to my LTS DS apart from the seat tube....

Looks great :cool: , was it originaly black or ball burnished ?

Could you or Gil do another set of decals ?, desperate for some for mine.

@ *AJ* It's a 16" (CTC) same as mine, long forks always jack them up and make them look bigger though ;)

It was black when I got it, but was stickered up for a bike shop in Bristol - I have no idea how it actually started it's life! You're welcome to the files I created for the decals, but I know Gil had to spend a reasonable amount of time converting them to a format he could use. It might be best to contact him first and see if he still has them, and then give me a shout if he hasn't.

Back