2008 Voodoo D-Jab updated

IbocProSX

Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Edit: updated with some noewer pictures, more further down.
Doesn't brushed Titanium look good:

Voodoo-III-_006.jpg

Original post:
The mailman is my friend, he delivered my winter project.

Spirit_Ti_012s.JPG

Classic Joe Murray stays with a twist leaving all options open for this frame, and there's V-posts too:
Spirit_Ti_018s.JPG

Bought of here as a complete build sans wheels, it's in immaculate condition (thanks Mr. Footlong :D ). I've stripped it back to the frame and the FSA cranks which I like better than I thought. OTOH it may end up getting black cranks to match stem and post.

It was offered in the UK as a Long Travel (140mm) hardtail. But the US spec was with a 100-130 adjustable forks. I'll be fitting 100mm forks first for a geometry with 70deg head and 72deg seat angles, see how that works for me.

I'll post up some more pictures as I start fitting parts to it,

Enjoy!![/img]

I have a 18inch D-Jab with 140mm forks very sweet ride indeed, just been out to the shed to have another little look at her she's a beauty, just to muddy for me at the moment, If I were you I would put a fork you can travel adjust as it feels great at 140 with about 69 deg head angle but would be nice to wind down on long climbs when the front gets very light. Thats what I would do if I was to build one up from scratch.

What sie is your frame 20"?

Thanks for the feedback, and it's a 20" indeed, I'm 6'2" with long inseam and I've developed a liking for the longer TopTubes. I used to go for 59cm TT (probably just because that's what my first bikes had) until I actually rode a 61cm TT and loved it. Many modern frames have me on the transition from L and XL. Typically for XC oriented I go XL and for the AM rides I go with a L.

As for the forks, I could fit my RC40's first for trying out different fork settings length between 100-130mm. I also have a 100-140 Talas, but both these are disc only and in other bikes.

decisions decisions

i have a voodoo wanga, which is essentialy the same frame but steel. it had 100mm forks as standard and was a real nice xc ride. added a mates 140 and it was a bit sit up and beg for me, but rode very well downhill.

Glad to see she is looking so good :). I am interested to see how this turns out with the normal length fork as I sold Nol the 20" after finding her too big for me. I bought the 18" later on and am loving the ride. I am 6'7" but love smaller frames.

As much as I want to change the FSA cranks too, I am finding it hard to justify....

4196990281_6c34578940.jpg

Hi IbocProSX Have a look at the head angle at 140mm its still very steep so the steering feels sharp.

Just changed out the 100mm stem and 630mm stock bars with another FSA short stem and some Gravity lite wide bars. .
I took it out for a spin in the snow, its now perfect for my riding around the local forest trails. Running latex tubes now too.Hardtails dont get much better than this.

I like the Fsa cranks, I think they are keepers had a few peeps compliment them

Im sure you will love your D-Jab they seem to grow on you was'nt quite sure at first, but now i love it. they just have this lovely springy feel.

Here's a few pictures of the first build:

Voodoo31.JPG

Voodoo41.JPG

Over the holidays I fitted what I had lying around. The Pace RC39 has been waiting for the right frame for over a year. Most parts are from the Enduro frame I sold and the Hope Mini's were bought on this forum.

I think the 100mm forks are spot on for my riding intentions. And the riding position comes close with the 100mm inverted stem and a riser bar. If it works on the trail as well I can replicate this with a 0 degree stem and flatbar. I will fit some lightweight wheels and V-brakes when the weather turns dry next summer.

The recent snow prevents me from finding out how his works on the trail proper, but then again, sleigh riding with the kids is good fun too.

Enjoy!!

She's looking beautiful, forks suit her down to the ground :D. I will have that badge over to you as soon as I get a chance. I have to replace the FSA crankset on the 18" as despite getting the LBS to take it apart and service while the forks were being looked over, it is horribly resistant on turning :evil:.

After the first build and taking it with me for a long weekend I treated her to soem coloured bits.
Looking for some pictures of it I stumbled on this thread that had not been updated, so here goes.

Voodoo-III-_009.jpg

Voodoo-III-_004.jpg

Voodoo-III-_006.jpg

One of these days I'll have to cut down the excess steerer.....

Enjoy!!

Back