My first old skool ish build- 99 Clockwork

smashford

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Being 22 I've only really been paying attention to what I'm riding for the last 10 years or so. Saw this on fleabay and couldn't resist it, with it being the most memorable bike from when I first started riding properly, like it or not that paintjob does stick out. Wasn't overly suprised when it arrived and was needing a respray to return it to it's former glory! Was going to pay the fortunes requested by people like Bob Jacksons, but the feedback I've heard about them isn't great so I'm doing it myself!! Original build spec wasn't great so this is going to be nothing like that, it's getting XTR/XT pretty much everywhere, Manitou Mars elite forks, and a couple of modern bits coz I couldn't help it!- More pics to be added as the build progresses.........

Attachments

• clockwork 1st.jpg
    clockwork 1st.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 2,839
  • clockwork 2nd.jpg
    clockwork 2nd.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 2,839
I be spraying it tuesday, so more pics to follow then! However after the difficulty I'm having finding colours I like the colour may have changed completely- to something completely different to the colours Orange used anyway!

looks good. if you can get hold of bo'o'boy on here he knows what colours to use. think it was gloss white and vw brilliant orange?

where abouts in essex are you?

Cheers, I'm near Southend, I have found out that the Orange they used was a Dayglo colour that no-one can mix for me coz health and Safety got their hands oin the chems, but tbh the more time I've spent on it the more i've thought you know I could do whatever I want with this........
won't be a fancy job will prob just be one colour throughout now but it'll be alittle bit different and probably not to any else's taste!

actually I really like that workshop space you got there so much room and clean! as well as good light..

Yeah that's where I "work", there's loads of space in there atm we're storing 40 bikes, have 4 work stands 4 tool chests, big work bench and still space to "test ride" the bikes inside!

Its gone GREEN!! will be getting stickered and Laquered over the next couple of days so should be looking at starting the actual build fri/sat, but still waiting on spokes for the wheels!! Don't spose any1's got a Metal Orange headtube badge?

Attachments

• P15-12-09_14.57.jpg
    P15-12-09_14.57.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 2,692
:cool: green orange!

will look great, get some orange decals and they will suit the green.

looking forward to the build.

Back