1998 Volvo Cannondale project

densjo

Dirt Disciple
Hi I'm kind of new over here and I want to show one of my bikes.
It is a Viperred colored Cdale F800 CAD2. Sram 9.0 SL rear derailleur, Magura HS33 Racingline brakes, first generation Mavic crossmax wheels, Thomson seatpost and a Coda 701M crankset.

I'm planning to change a lot of parts so that it is a copy of the 1998 Volvo Cannondale teambike.
Does anyone know what kind of saddle they had? Did they also ride with Azonic riser bars ?

volvocannondale.jpg

Alison Sydor rode with a riser bar. Does anyone know which brand it was? And what kind of front brakes are shown on the picture ? Should be Avid or Coda?

Yours looks good with the maguras tho - Ashton rode for the team and used mags...

I think the front brake in the pic in this thread is an avid, btw.,

In the early years, Team Cannondale used onZa H.O.s and Dia-Compe 987 brakes.
Tinker used the same Avocet O2 saddle and Look Moab pedals as he did when he rode for Klein.

scan_gullickson1.jpg

scan_tinker1.jpg

re:

your bike looks like a wc racer as it is.

Allison rode azonics risers I think, and they acctually had SACHS twisters and some xtr rear mech at some times.

She was probarly the only one riding risers at that time, don't really know why they just didn't flip the stem?

and it's also a bit interesting looking at F-series bikes from 2000 and after who have the stems on the + side insteed of downwards. This makes a F-series bike look like a pollished turd.

My point is don't get caught up in the idea of making an identical replica because they had various of bikes, I've even seen Allison on a Killer V with maguras and that strange black fork. Probarly somekind of test bike, looked ace. You have a great foundation, your bike must be rather light to!

Back