Updated! Bart's Ritchey Plexus

plexus

Ritchey Fan
Feedback
View
To some of you not very new but i felt i should show the adjustments ;)

I allso have a question : do you like the forks? or should i respray them?

pbpic4277032.jpg

I replaced the headset, tyres and forks.
I allso have a Magura Menja for it in white but i love to ride it rigid.

Cheers

When i bought it : http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3722&highlight=

This is lovely! Been after a Ritchey mtb for a while and loving the Plexus! Also on the lookout for a late ninety's Ritchey Chicane road bike.Any clues where i could find one?
Thanx Max

Thats really nice chap, IMHO though, you need some Logic forks on there.. and I would have gone M95 series components but its the frame that is the heart and soul... ;)

BONTY1 , there is a 20" Plexus frame for sale at the bike shed (exeter branch) , priced at £800.00 .. :) , have a word with vanessa , she'll give you the lowdown... :)

Sithlord":1brbk4ey said:
Thats really nice chap, IMHO though, you need some Logic forks on there.. and I would have gone M95 series components but its the frame that is the heart and soul... ;)

You're absolutely right about the Logic forks but they're hard to find.
And about the components.......the only shimano parts i really like are the M900's but i love gripshift and nowadays nothing beats the XO that way.

I might have a spare set of logics, in a week or two if your interested.. :) I'll give you a shout.. :)

M900 is IMO is the nicest group shimano made, but the 95 series would be more period :)

I totally agree about the gripshifts, (I have some spare sets of the Ritchey 2x9 ones, if your interested ;) I did try them on my P20 , but decided to go thumbshifters :)

I have owned quite a bit of the Sram X0 stuff and that too is fantastic.. I liked the original sid fork on btw.. ;) , if its 1" and you decide to sell , drop me a line.. :)

Give me a shout and a pic when they're available if they're 1-1/8".
Currently mounted is a marin rockstar.

Hmm 2x9 shifters......tempting, i'll consider it.

The SID is in my wife's bike at the moment, i have a new Magura Menja in white for the plexus now.

Magura Menja in white for the plexus now.

Thats just wrong , diddley wrong neighbourgh .. :LOL: :LOL: ..

The Logics, will unfortunately be 1" .. so unless you shim, they wont be much use.. :) ,, have a think about the 2 x 9 and I will fire some pics over to you.. :)

Sithlord":1xfvneh0 said:
Magura Menja in white for the plexus now.

Thats just wrong , diddley wrong neighbourgh .. :LOL: :LOL: ..
You're absolutely right but they ride soooo much better than those flexy sid's....especially with my 90 kgs.

Sithlord":1xfvneh0 said:
The Logics, will unfortunately be 1" .. so unless you shim, they wont be much use.. :) ,, have a think about the 2 x 9 and I will fire some pics over to you.. :)
I'll think about both. If i'm not mistaken you still have my email-adress.

Nice. I wouldn't bother respraying them. They look a little short though, or is it just the angle of the photo?

Latest posts

Back