1998 DMR Trailstar

Mobes

Devout Dirtbag
found a few pics of my singlespeed project so though i would share.

it started out with the purchase of a 1998 DMR Trailstar frame from a riding buddy.

DSC00045.jpg

as you can see it was a little rough around the edges but i mocked it up with some Judy SL's i had kicking around in the garage.

id already decided i wanted to get it powder coated white but at the last minute changed my mind and went with orange. really pleased witht he colour and it only cost £30 to get it blasted and coated!
DSC_0004.jpg

I then started building it up with some more parts i had kicking around in the garage, Race Face cranks and Tioga Cube bar and stem combp

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

the next changes came in the form of Blue DMR stickers, which i was told wouldnt work with the orange!, and some rigid forks and some orange pedals

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

since these last 2 photos where taken i have changed the forks to Marzocchi DJ3's and Hayes HFX9 discs front and rear, but i havent any photos of that as yet. im thinking about selling the DJ3's and getting some more rigid forks at the mo.

Look's great that does :) , the blue works pretty well with the orange.

Love the Bus too :cool: , what's the blue full susser ?

jimihendrix":275ppjfz said:
Love the Bus too :cool: , what's the blue full susser ?

Cheers Dude, Aircooled VW's are the other love of my life. Ive got an ex magazine featured Beetle too

DSC00105.jpg

The Full Susser is a Da Bomb Cherry Bomb, terrible name but a good little bike

DSC00005.jpg

had the camera out to take photos of my Dyna-Tech so thought id get some up to date photos of my DMR too

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

Frame: 1998 DMR Trailstar

Fork: 2009 Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 3

Headset: FSA PIG DH
Stem: DMR Headstock
Handlebar: DMR Wing Bar
Grips: ODI Longneck

Brakes: Hayes HFX9
Cranks: DMR Crisis ISIS
Chainrings: Shimano Deore 32t with Shimano Bash Ring
Cassette: A2Z single speed conversion with 18t sprocket
Bottom Bracket: Race Face ISIS
Pedals: Seventies

Hub Skewers: Hope Front/Halo Rear
Rims: Mavic D521
Hubs: Deore M510
Tyres: Kenda Krad

Saddle: 24Seven
Seatpost: Kalloy
Seatpost Binder: DMR

Weight:unknown

mmm that da bomb is lovely. up until about 3 years ago i hadnt heard of da bomb. my mate bought a hardtail which was similar to a chameleon i think, it was da bomb though so i thought it wouldnt be much good. turns out they ave now taken off big time and i love evreything da bomb! ive got da bomb wheels and valve caps at the moment but im aiming for more! i like how the dmr turned out!

cyfa2809":2ze4gcqz said:
mmm that da bomb is lovely. up until about 3 years ago i hadnt heard of da bomb. my mate bought a hardtail which was similar to a chameleon i think, it was da bomb though so i thought it wouldnt be much good. turns out they ave now taken off big time and i love evreything da bomb! ive got da bomb wheels and valve caps at the moment but im aiming for more! i like how the dmr turned out!

Cheers Buddy, I bought the frame as i wanted to build up a cheap FS bike, hadnt heard of them but they got good reviews on the web. the frame was only £350 at the time from CRC reduced from nearly £700. Ive since bought some Da Bomb free ride wheels for it and they are amazing too.

really nice build, love the blue on orange :)

Also that da bomb build is interesting too, going for a slopestyle kind of thing? how are those society xenos? i'm wanting a pair...

i dont think i ves een those wheels before most da bomb items have the iron cross on, do they? how much were the wheels? hehe cheap! £350 isnt cheap! although for that frame is a good price, what size is it?

sam264":3iucoq6v said:
really nice build, love the blue on orange :)

Also that da bomb build is interesting too, going for a slopestyle kind of thing? how are those society xenos? i'm wanting a pair...

The xeno's are lovely forks. for the money cant go wrong. these are the 100mm version. since ive fitted the new wheels im now on 20mm front axel with the 36mm stantions the fork tracks really nice with no flex

Back