Serotta Max 853

bduc61

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
a mock up try

with parts from drawer I had been keeping for a "noble build" with a very nice frame. Many thanks to Steve ;)

Serotta 2000 MAX853 frame (reasonnably light 1920g with seatpost collar for this 19 inches frame - but with a short top tube which suits me fine)

Rock Shox SID team with lock
Race Face Turbine with TA rings
Avid Supreme V brakes
EGS Levers ( french touch ;) - they look better than the avid ultimate silver speed dials that I have got too)
M952 rear Deailleur
M953 Front Der
M952 shifters ( must take them from another bike)
Syncros seatpost and Stem
Flite titanium
X517 rims on DTHugi hubs

what do you reckon ?
silver or black headset ?
I reckon silver if it needs buying one :cry:

all silver wheels with 950 hubs would also be not bad

but mostly using spare parts and these wheels with DT Hugi hubs match extremely well with the paint (nearly identical yellow) !

Think I am going to keep them even if some french buffs would consider it a crime ( guess why ? ;) )

IMG_2936.jpg

IMG_2937.jpg

IMG_2938.jpg

IMG_2939.jpg

:cool: lovely build :) I'd suggest a green headset and green seat collar? Keep the wheels too but change the tyres.

That's looking superb, those hubs do not look bad at all!

I think silver Thomson stem and post may look nice, green is too garish and the Serotta seat collar is too nice not too use.

sastusbulbas":3ef6noit said:
That's looking superb, those hubs do not look bad at all!

I think silver Thomson stem and post may look nice, green is too garish and the Serotta seat collar is too nice not too use.

Yes great looking hubs, otherwise keep everything and find some matching grips :D

sweet build. I've never really liked too many silver parts so i'd automatically say black headset, seatpost etc, but thats just me

I agree with Kaiser. Green HS and seatpost clamp. Also keep those :cool: wheels man! A black Seatpost, stem, and bars to match the wheels too. Black Raceface rings with green chainring bolts.

Very nice bike man ;)

you could also try a rasta king headset and rasta skewers from salsa
i think it would look great :LOL: very nice bike ;)

Back