Help with explosif restauration

cachopo man

Kona Fan
Hello from Spain.
I´m trying to bring back to life a 98 Explosif. I´d like to repaint it, but i need replacement decals and I can´t find them in the internet.

Does any of you have them for sale/can make them/can send me a corel draw archive of them so i can order them?

Thank you very much in advance. ;)

i believe his name here is "gil-m" he does repro decals for alot of people on this site search his name!!! i just bought an explosif too powdercoating it white with 950 xtr. maybe decals not sure. good luck

well... he doesn´t answer. :cry: I´ll try again in a couple of days.
By the way. I´m looking for a kona p2 fork for the bike. Does any of you have one for sale?
I have also considered a cannondale p-bone as an option. Would that be a sacrilege? Would it look too fat for the frame? :oops:
Thanks again

I'm sure Gil will get back to you when he has time. He may need you to send him good quality pictures of your existing decals if he doesn't have the 98 Explosif on file, so you might as well do that anyway I guess.

There are always plenty of P2s for sale on UK eBay, although a 98 black triple-butted one would be quite rare as most P2s sold in 98 would have been plain-gauge. You might need to buy a 97 and have it repainted.

Well, Gill has told me there is no problem, but this is taking longer than I expected.
a) I can´t find a threaded original headset in mint condition, therefore I look for a p2 with a long steerer tube suitable for a 18 size, so that I can cut the tube under the threading and install a regular stem. There arent many, so...
b) I decide to install a new school non 3B fork, non in stock anywhere in Spain, I use ebay without much success as people try to take advantage of the shipping expenses...
c) I have found one in mint condition in a forum, but still haven´t got it...

I have decided the colors for the paint, but I don´t want to start until I get the fork.

I bought a set of wheels on eBay a week ago, but the seller hasn´t still ship them, and doesn´t tell me how much the total cost is. (¿?¿) And we spaniards are told to be lazy people!!!

I just got the crankset, an XT one.

God, I haven´t got enough patience for this!!

Well, thanks to all (specially the one who built the aucionwatch, as it has helped me a lot) but I won´t post again until I´ve made some progress.

I don't understand why you want a threaded headset for a 98 frame? For a 1998 size 18, with a 11cm head tube, Kona cut the ahead steerers to 18.7cm or so.

it´s not that i want it, but i could only find threaded ones... now I have already bought a modern one. Pity it has disc adaptor, but i don´t have enough patience/time

Latest posts

Back