2001 Kona Kilauea now with Z2s as I'm keeping it :)

Jones

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A mate of mine whose been riding around on a terrible terrible catalogue bike which is so bad it has rigid forks that look like suspension forks :? asked me to build him a rigid MTB with disc brakes for no more than £300 :wink

I found this frame on ebay a 2001 Kilauea that had a disc mount added already :cool: the seller killed his sale a bit by saying that when Mercian had put the disc tab on they mentioned the rear end was slightly out of alignment :? so it went for £38 :cool:

dk1.jpg

It is out but its no more than 2mm and its only the left hand side that is slightly sprung out but that gets pulled back in when you tighten the QR so the wheel still sits in the centre :roll:

Think its going to be my winter commuter now as he's bought something else :evil:

Its not as blue as it is in the built pictures its more of a green/blue like the frame and fork pic :) but very pretty even if I do say so myself :LOL:

pck.jpg

afk2.jpg

afk1.jpg

Well I decided today I'm keeping it :roll: :LOL: its quite a practical winter trail centre bike that I'm not going to be precious about ;)

So I've put some Z2s on it and I think thats it done ( apart from the front mech cable ) :LOL:

wb2.jpg

Skeelsie":1ci9xxdw said:
Everyones on the Porcs.

;)

Not for long :LOL: they were only on as a cheap new tyre to sell ;) got some nice Panracers to go on now I'm keeping it :cool:

re:

got some z2 for my koa today to, thought the front end ended up a tad to high, thinking of putting the p2 back on, and get a quill adapter for it... and ride my fs a bit more...

really looking good with both forks, you should flip your stem with the z2 to get it to look a bit more aggro

Back