PM2.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 2,589
  • PM3.JPG
    PM3.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 2,587
  • PM4.JPG
    PM4.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 2,588
I've seen that before ;) What are your plans for this?

ps...Does that old cateye(or whatever it is...) computer work? and if so, do you want to sell it?

Piney

dirtjumper_dmr":37zxg3bx said:
I've seen that before ;) What are your plans for this?

ps...Does that old cateye(or whatever it is...) computer work? and if so, do you want to sell it?

Evil plans not fully formulated yet.

Bottom bracket/freewheel and left shifter are U/S, so some basic repairs first. Given her a swift ride, and the handling is tremedous.

I have no knowledge of Manitou forks, so will strip and service to gen-up.

It looks like the computer works, it's a Cateye Mitty 2. I will probably pass that on, so you have dibs.

damn it, i had a cateye mity II bitd, nice and simple.. good for me..! if he passes for some reason i'd be keen...

good purchase there RatB, you got a few nice items in that garage of yours! oh and if you want to put some nice contrasting black stem/bars on the PineM i have some off the Eldridge.. ;)

Baj

baj":qkjl0ynv said:
damn it, i had a cateye mity II bitd, nice and simple.. good for me..! if he passes for some reason i'd be keen...

good purchase there RatB, you got a few nice items in that garage of yours! oh and if you want to put some nice contrasting black stem/bars on the PineM i have some off the Eldridge.. ;)

No probs on 2nd dibs there.

When I bought my Kona Explosif new in 1999, I was getting rid of a Marin Bear Mountain SE. I looked at the Pine Mountain as well as the Explosif. I always fancied a PM, so nice to have two contemporary bikes in the fold.

They ride "very" differently.

Kona is more direct. Marin feels better for longer rides.

Sorry to beat you to this one. Rest assured, I'm not buying anything else for a while.

I agree with your verdict: got a 199 Cindercone which is a fun blaster bike (rigid SS) and a 1994 Pine Mtn which is the all-day machine. I've done coast-to coast, Polaris Challenge and that sort of stuff on it. Mind., mine is one of the older Tange frames without the deep down tube.

frame

hamster":3qfm8xyw said:
I agree with your verdict: got a 199 Cindercone which is a fun blaster bike (rigid SS) and a 1994 Pine Mtn which is the all-day machine. I've done coast-to coast, Polaris Challenge and that sort of stuff on it. Mind., mine is one of the older Tange frames without the deep down tube.

I'd not tried a Marin with the deeper down tube, but I am impressed. The back of the bike feels really planted.

This version is a Columbus Thron frame, and feels very smooth.

Forks feel good, even though they need some TLC. I reckon the breed of 80mm late '90s oil forks were superb.

Latest posts

Back