Boy"O"boy's Inbred 29er S/S

boy"O"boy

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Hi y'all

Bought this several months back and finally completed the build last weekend. The 'virgin' ride took place at this weekend's Thetford rideout.
The coulour is 'sand' according to the On-one site. I prefer to see it more as a 'custard' colour wheareas Rekiborter and Jango call it more of a Morris Ital 'beige'. The racier set-up may not suit all tastes... but the momentum the 29er wheels hold even uphill is fantastic! and those 'washboard' energy sapping bumps that make up the Thetford trials and race routes were noticeably easier too. I'm now absolutely converted to the 29er S/S philosophy. It's a great bike for the 'East anglian highlands'!!..... even if they are know as 'traaactteerrs' round these parts.

Enjoy....

boy"O"boy

Attachments

• 100_0119 (700x525).jpg
    100_0119 (700x525).jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 3,221
  • 100_0117 (750x563).jpg
    100_0117 (750x563).jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 3,221
  • 100_0114 (750x563).jpg
    100_0114 (750x563).jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 3,221
  • 100_0113 (750x563).jpg
    100_0113 (750x563).jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 3,221
:D Looks great, very slick and clean. I should also be dipping a toe into the 29er fad very soon :LOL: If you don't mind me asking what are the wheels?

kaiser":3i0cpexn said:
:D Looks great, very slick and clean. I should also be dipping a toe into the 29er fad very soon :LOL: If you don't mind me asking what are the wheels?

Kaiser.... go for it, I wanted to try something really different for my S/S and the 29er wheels hit the spot perfectly.
The wheelset is Planet X. They were from the On-one website and came with tubes and tyres for a bargin £99. The hubs are centre lock disc.

..... the frame was £99 too. :cool:

cheers,
boy"O"boy

I'd noticed the on one wheels at the time but the project was on the back burner. Tell me, did you consider rigid? and what made you go for sus?

reanimation":1s54xtv8 said:
Bargain! I'm quite fancying a Surly karate monkey, but one of these could be fun.

These are loads of fun :D ..... great value too. It's the first steel bike I've owned too.

- Kaiser, I did consider rigid but made my decision on two factors...
1. I rode my mate's 26 inbred S/S with those on-one carbon forks and to be honest... i absolutely hated them. They were way too rigid for me. The sus takes the sting out of the wrists. I'll take a slight weight penalty for all -day comfort . We rode 31miles round Thetford and loved every minute of it....
2. They've been out of stock of the 29er version for months now. :LOL:

cheers,
boy"O"boy

cheers b"o"b, reckon I'll still go rigid but may add sus in the future. I've not tried one yet so I want to get the 'rolling' bit first.

Steel + Singlespeed and 29 ers just go together in my honest opinion , i have been bangin on to Average Mark that 29 ers are ideal for the Norfolk and Sufolk flatlands !!

Heres an old pic of mine , now updated with Rebas and Chris King !!

Attachments

• givi box 002 (Medium).jpg
    givi box 002 (Medium).jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 3,162
i have been bangin on to Average Mark that 29 ers are ideal for the Norfolk and Sufolk flatlands !!

If I'm not mistaken, after Sundays ride he may have a new type of machine at the top of his wishlist............a Tractor :LOL:

.......CK seemed taken with it too :shock:

Back