1999 Explosif With Z2s back on

ratbane

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My REBA Teams blew an oil seal at Afan on Tuesday, so I decided to put my old (original to the bike) Zochi Z2 Bams back on.

Forgot how good they were. Only 80mm of travel, but work great with the bike.

Looks good too!

Attachments

• DSC00953.JPG
    DSC00953.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 2,216
  • DSC00952.JPG
    DSC00952.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 2,216
  • DSC00956.JPG
    DSC00956.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 2,216
Z2's still hold their own - classic forks, work like a dream (albeit weighing a fair bit).
Loving the Kona - have you had it since new?

Kona

superstu":b1gs8jhn said:
Z2's still hold their own - classic forks, work like a dream (albeit weighing a fair bit).
Loving the Kona - have you had it since new?

Cheers. Yes had her since new. Had a 631 Kila for a year, and then bought the Explosif in '99.

Changed a fair bit of kit, but the frame is a stayer.

fair play - with a frame like that it isn't worth changing. I remember a friend buying some Z2's for his Kona AA (in shocking pink). I loved that bike much more than I loved my friend :LOL:

I started with a second hand fire mountain years ago, to which I bought some lovely yellow maguras and pimp stuff from the day, which sadly departed a while back. Just re-found the love and dusted off my Kona Muni-Mula in shocking green only to get it nicked on a bike trip to France (guess what, not covered by insurance). Have since bought heavily discounted 09 Fire Mountain but since finding retrobike am scouring for projects. Have landed a 1992 rockhopper frame so enjoying my first go at restoration with that one. There's so many bikes I love on this site!

This is really sad so feel free to ignore me but have you considered putting rubber boots on the forks? The black would cover up the silver parts of the stanctions and match the frame better (black against black). Just my opinion though! Better for keeping crap out as well :D

Z2s

superstu":3pxdny5y said:
This is really sad so feel free to ignore me but have you considered putting rubber boots on the forks? The black would cover up the silver parts of the stanctions and match the frame better (black against black). Just my opinion though! Better for keeping crap out as well :D

How dare you! This is summer regalia. ;)

I've got the original boots, and will be putting them on in the winter (ie tonight).

Agree on the black/black thing. Looks quite "stealth" which suits her.

Cheers

IMO forks look crap with any king of boots on but if they do the job of keeping the crud out and lengthen the life of teh forks then you have to bit the bullet

Back