1998 Dekerf Team SL finally started putting together

Jones

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Finally started putting this together :roll: I've gone with the fugly stem and modern Syncros post at the moment and although the fugly stem is starting to grow on me :D I'm seriously thinking of going modern with Thomson stem and post :?

The rest is all nos XTR 952 which is what it was originally built up with ;) this time its going to get ridden though :LOL:

Even found the original receipt :)

dr4-1.jpg

dr1.jpg

dr2.jpg

dr3.jpg

No time for posting pics n stuff!

Get building. ;) I agree the stem is a stinker!! surley someone has an older Syncros. I have a syncros wedge and engraved topcap.but i don't know what i have done with the stem. :LOL:

Al.

What a beaut, that boxfresh M952 looks :cool:

It wasn't you that had his DK sawed was it??

John":21lljtd2 said:

I thought I had :shock: I had all my bikes chained through a floor anchor in my parents garage at the time, so when I arrived there and saw that the chain was intact I feared the worst :?

There were a few bikes missing when I went to collect the remains though :? I got the Kilauea back almost straight away but only recently got this back ( after I'd bought another one :roll: ) :LOL:

I still can't figure out how the missing ones have returned unscathed while all the rest had big chunks missing from the top tubes :? all I can think is that I used two chains and they cut through one :?: I don't remember using two chains but everything was a bit of a shambles at the time as we'd just moved house and were decorating the new one , so who knows :LOL:

It brings a big grin to my face ! I've always wanted a dekerf ! Good twist with the rasta stuff :D

Jones":1qotdj0x said:
John":1qotdj0x said:

I thought I had :shock: I had all my bikes chained through a floor anchor in my parents garage at the time, so when I arrived there and saw that the chain was intact I feared the worst :?

There were a few bikes missing when I went to collect the remains though :? I got the Kilauea back almost straight away but only recently got this back ( after I'd bought another one :roll: ) :LOL:

I still can't figure out how the missing ones have returned unscathed while all the rest had big chunks missing from the top tubes :? all I can think is that I used two chains and they cut through one :?: I don't remember using two chains but everything was a bit of a shambles at the time as we'd just moved house and were decorating the new one , so who knows :LOL:

Lucky, sure there's a Chinese proverb about that one somewhere.

Still looks great, has me hankering for one. Would say old-skoll syncros would suit better though.

Back